Coral Vue Hydros

My 1st Tank: Aquatop Recife 24

Rel

Hey everyone! Newbie here looking to grow my knowledge of all things saltwater. My husband loves his large reef tank and he just surprised me with this nano tank to peak my interest. 

The details: we added the aragonite sand, live rock, and premix yesterday. I tested today and my ph is 8.0, ammonia is about .135ppm, nitrites 0 ppm, and nitrates 0 ppm!

My husband says he thinks it takes about to weeks to break the skimmer in. So far it’s mostly filling up with water instead of bubbles.

Even with nothing moving around in there, I find myself staring. I’m so excited just dreaming about all the possibilities of this tank! I think I love the fact that it’s my own responsibility and reward. Im ready to do the work!

4E40AC35-AF25-4344-9485-798D584927B7.jpeg

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm new to the hobby as well, and this is the tank I've started off with, I've only had it set up since around Thanksgiving or Christmas of last year. Moving slow. Just got an anemone, a Condy, and no corals yet. I hope I can learn along with you in this journey. :)  

• Like 1

Yay! I'm getting back into the hobby after taking about 5 years off. I remember nothing, which is frustrating. I'm not quite to a week of cycling yet, so still no critters, but I too keep staring at the box and taking photos! My last tank was 120 gal, evolved over years from a 24 gallon. Welcome to the group! I'll be following along.

tank.jpg

• Thanks 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:45 PM, Rel said:

Hey everyone! Newbie here looking to grow my knowledge of all things saltwater. My husband loves his large reef tank and he just surprised me with this nano tank to peak my interest. 

The details: we added the aragonite sand, live rock, and premix yesterday. I tested today and my ph is 8.0, ammonia is about .135ppm, nitrites 0 ppm, and nitrates 0 ppm!

My husband says he thinks it takes about to weeks to break the skimmer in. So far it’s mostly filling up with water instead of bubbles.

Even with nothing moving around in there, I find myself staring. I’m so excited just dreaming about all the possibilities of this tank! I think I love the fact that it’s my own responsibility and reward. Im ready to do the work!

4E40AC35-AF25-4344-9485-798D584927B7.jpeg

:welcome: to nano-reef! Tank looks so nice. I like how you did the scape. I wouldn't run the skimmer, you could also not run the light. Just go slow best advice I have ever gotten.

Good luck and look forward to what you come up with for future plans. :smilie:

• Thanks 1