Haggai1.5

BioCube 16g at 16 months!

Haggai1.5

I started my BioCube on February 26, 2018.  Although I have had numerous saltwater tanks, this is my first attempt at a reef tank.  In the first chamber, I have a Cobalt Neo-Therm and a sack Boyd's Chemi-Pure Elite.  The second chamber has an InTank media basket, replacing the bio-balls with MarinePure Media Spheres.  The third chamber houses a Cobalt Aquatics MJ Pump.  To increase circulation I uses a Hydor Korailia Evolution Nano 240.  Finally, on November 24, 2018, I removed the hood and added a Kessil A160WE Tuna Blue.  My BioCube is still a work in progress.  I am very much open to any and all suggestions.

June2019Front.jpg

June2019Top.jpg

• Like 2

Haggai1.5

Side views using a Nikon 3400 and Tamron 45mm lens. 

fullsizeoutput_6ba5.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_6ba8.jpeg

colinadam

Great setup, looks good. There is something to be said for a tank with happy looking corals, and your corals look really happy. 

Any additions/changes you're thinking of on the coral or livestock front? 

billygoat

Looks great! I love your leathers, they're very beautiful. But does that thermometer say 70.5? If you're running your system at such a low temp and still seeing good growth and extension, well, color me impressed! 

Haggai1.5
1 hour ago, colinadam said:

Great setup, looks good. There is something to be said for a tank with happy looking corals, and your corals look really happy. 

Any additions/changes you're thinking of on the coral or livestock front? 

I am considering placing a Finger Leather in the corner where the two Clowns are swimming.  I may place a Clove in the opposite corner.  Lastly, I just added a Rainbow Acan under the Toadstool.  She seems to be adapting well!  You have any ideas?

1 hour ago, billygoat said:

Looks great! I love your leathers, they're very beautiful. But does that thermometer say 70.5? If you're running your system at such a low temp and still seeing good growth and extension, well, color me impressed! 

My thermometer is wrong.  I am at 78 degrees.

Haggai1.5

Here's a new picture with the Rainbow Acan placed in her new home!  The Acan was added on June 30, 2019.  She seems to be adapting well.  I am hoping the Acan will grow like my other Acan colony!

Group.jpg

Close.jpg