Innovative Marine Aquariums

New tank upgrade + New Journal! Paporeef going bigger! (lacking a better title)

PapoReef

Hello guys! After going successfully for a year with my small ~13g AIO, I decided to take it down due to a 3 week vacation, because a didn´t want to risk anything dying (and nobody could come over in case anything happened), so I left livestock with a friend and took it down. Now im back from vacation, and already have the deposit down for a low iron custom rimless aquarium. I'm also moving in with my girlfriend :), who loves the aquarium, but not the maintenance haha. I have yet to decide the size of the display, but looking to something along the lines of 100cmx35cmx40cm (or ~ 40"l x 14"w x 15.5"h), still not sure though. Ideas and suggestions are welcomed. As for rock, im not sure if I'm going with dry base rock or totoka rock im bieng offered by another aquarist (anyways I plan on resetting and drying the rock to ensure no unwanted critters/pests), so toughts on this are also appreciated.

Equipment I have or on the way:

Ai Hydra 52 Hd + Ai Prime Hd

Bubble Magus Curve a5

Base rock + some Fiji rock (still missing a lot of rock)

Aquaforest Test kits 

Jebao wavemaker x1

ATO controller

Missing:

Aquarium stand + sump

Return pump

¿Reactor?

1x Wavemaker

Livestock (currnetly awaiting at a friends'):

Pair of clownfish (1 orange, 1 black)

Various branching hammers

Aussie gold torch

Various Micromussa

Christmas Favia

Reverse superman monti

LA Laker zoas

1 almost dead chalice

1 orange chalice

1 green pocillopora

NOTE: We do not get the same coral names here, or even get them named, so its just better to upload pics. 

Thanks for the read, and here are some old pics at least for now, from my old tank and some livestock! Cheers!

791df3e0-e0b4-4f28-adde-d7c03df6e014.thumb.jpg.bab81d71db9de27f80f9de7a2dc37c4b.jpg4089086c-3902-483a-83d1-dd4708eeb3c4.thumb.jpg.06b34de03735ceaea858d86f6c43ecb1.jpgd572d0d9-20a2-436a-a0e3-019de24b666b.thumb.jpg.6f1f98ce43f9b18a1ab0700199eb3f6f.jpg1276656298_Sinttulo.thumb.png.0308d181690f15f9c2ee611cfcea8cc7.png4c69e47b-3b94-4e0a-97ff-ac7392954168.thumb.jpg.c23d77123a84637a84ce1cab94960f7d.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

So during the weekend I settled on the aquarium. 40" x 16" x 16". Hope its ready this week so I can upload some pictures and make it more fun/interesting for you guys. For a tank that long what wavemaker would you recommend? normal/powerheads or maybe a gyre? Thanks for reading guys! Cheers!

🙂 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello guys! Just got the aquarium today, so I couldn't resist and had to upload a crappy picture. Getting more and more excited! haha. Also got a bleeding apple scoly, which i'm pretty happy about as well. Pic of the tank and scoly.

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 11.49.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 11.53.44 PM.png

• Like 5
  • 3 months later...

Hello fellow Nano-Reefers! I guess its time for an update. Life has been going on, so the tank build has been going slower than I'd expected, but that has given me some time to further plan my upgrade. So the update is as follows.

Have gotten some cool items from @Oceanbox Designs a dosing line holder and a frag holder aswell.

Ordered a light for the sump/extra light for display from Dave @nanobox.

Got a new brick of Marine Pure.

Got the skimmer, a BM Curve A5.

Got the return pump, a Jebao 4000 lt/hr.

Got the wavemaker, Gyre XF-130.

And also got a neat "Red Sea" looking stand.

Got two boxes of Aquaforest rock and some AF StoneFix.

Still missing the sump (which has already been ordered), the heaters, and the plumbing, an that would be IT! I hope to get these done before mid December, so I can hopefully get some corals/fish for christmas from the GF hahaha.

Hope to be updating soon! 

PS. Decided im going to get some wrasses for the fish.

Acuario 1.jpg

Sump 1.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Had some setbacks and cracks that had to be fixed, so now I'm back on track. Have been playing around with the rocks and ended up in something I liked.

The overall view would be in the FTS, while there will be another ledge (had to hold it with my hand and take the picture with the other). Also the platform on the right will be larger and a little more longer towards the center. Any thoughts and comments will be appretiated!

Cheers!

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 7.45.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 7.45.35 PM.png

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

Well finally, after sooo long, it is up and running! Any comments/suggestions are appreciated! Hope you guys like it. I myself am loving it haha. Cheers!

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 4.16.14 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
mitten_reef
22 minutes ago, PapoReef said:

Well finally, after sooo long, it is up and running! Any comments/suggestions are appreciated! Hope you guys like it. I myself am loving it haha. Cheers!imageproxy.php?img=&key=a72cef6f73776f2b

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 4.16.14 PM.png

love the look of the aquascape.  and the tank looks really nice.