Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Legendary Corals - Eye Candy Thread + Discussion!

Legendary Corals

Legendary Corals
2 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

How true to life is that ? I dimon't recall either having purple/magenta colors near the skirt !! 

It's indeed purple, they're different from other candy apple morphs I've had.

Legendary Corals

New batch of Andre's Ultimate Jawbreaker, for the serious collectors looking for a one of a kind piece. Aquacultured for over 5 years, this a proven strain of Jawbreaker starts all orange just like a regular Jawbreaker, but instead of red it throws off green first. It's nice to know what to expect from investing in a high end mushroom vs uncertain wild ones. Here's an example of one that's about 2 years old.  

48650811841_49a1cbddb8_b.jpg

Legendary Corals

Another look at one of the Andre's Ultimate Jawbreaker's that was sold over the weekend. The amount of green on this 3.5" mother is just breathtaking. You can see some red patches coming through as well. In a few years, she's going to be quite the stunner in her new home.

48650803281_0083618e2d_b.jpg

• Like 1
Legendary Corals

A glimpse of the variety of Blastomussa Merlettis being aquacultured in the farm. All of our strains are proven growers and will do well in any established reef tank.

48685370316_89ff761b10_b.jpg

• Wow 1
Legendary Corals

A couple of new shots! First up some of the Insane Candy Apple Oranges I posted earlier. These ones are some close up photos of frags healing up beautifully.

48685541352_a6e42ee2f3_b.jpg

48692188293_50a1eab740_b.jpg

Another sneak peek into the farm. Check out the amount of green coming through each polyp and growth rim on our LC Alien's Blood Cyphastrea. Sweet blue body contrasts well with those pink and orange polyps.

48685535707_35ccd2e770_b.jpg

This unique cyphastrea has two different colors that can either grow independently of each other or create wild streaks of teal and red. Those large white polyps also create an outstanding contrast to the base. If you're looking for something different, this is a great piece to pick up as over time the colors and patterns will change dramatically as it grows out vs owning a cyphastrea with just one base and polyp color.

48685021438_dc7fdc3fed_b.jpg

Close up of one of the Andre's Ultimate Jawbreakers that got shipped out earlier this week to another fellow vendor.

His quote: "This is my fav shroom now 😂" and if you know him, he has almost every high end mushroom out there.

48708867857_c30cce2d4c_b.jpg

• Wow 1
Legendary Corals
On 9/6/2019 at 4:59 PM, Reefkid88 said:

I don't really care for Blasto's but man oh man !!! Those look amazing !!! 

Aquacultured and easy to care for too! It's nice to keep a blastomussa that actually grows.

Legendary Corals
15 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

For some reason those are just one coral I couldn't get into. No idea why,but when I see other people with them they look so good lol. 

Maybe you're more of an acan type of person.

On 9/6/2019 at 3:40 PM, Legendary Corals said:

A glimpse of the variety of Blastomussa Merlettis being aquacultured in the farm. All of our strains are proven growers and will do well in any established reef tank.

48685370316_89ff761b10_b.jpg

I'll take one of each please lol. Do you still have the gorgeous purple with teal edges?

Legendary Corals
On 9/12/2019 at 10:20 PM, Lula_Mae said:

I'll take one of each please lol. Do you still have the gorgeous purple with teal edges?

Hmm, not quite sure which one you're referring to... Do you have a picture?

Legendary Corals

Just came back from another event! Coral Farmers Market is one of the very few events we have in Northern California. Was great to see all of our fellow vendors and to meet all of the local reefers. We don't have many local fish stores, so to see such a strong turn out every time proves to me that the hobby is very strong up here! 

Anyone on the forums come to the show? What were some of your favorite things and do you have any feedback for the event?

48739029177_44036eeb9a_b.jpg

48738844836_b59fbbe3e3_b.jpg

48739024487_5938fe4bc6_b.jpg

9 hours ago, Legendary Corals said:

Hmm, not quite sure which one you're referring to... Do you have a picture?

Top left, when I got it from you guys a couple years ago. It got knocked behind the rockwork and I didn't notice so it's tiny and shrunken and I'm not sure if it'll survive.  Also that purple frogspawn was beautiful but it did not like the move to my 15L and I lost it as well.  I haven't seen either one of these from you guys in a while! I used to have the pic from you guys but I think it got lost when my hard drive died.

• 3 weeks later...
Legendary Corals
On 9/17/2019 at 1:25 AM, Lula_Mae said:

Top left, when I got it from you guys a couple years ago. It got knocked behind the rockwork and I didn't notice so it's tiny and shrunken and I'm not sure if it'll survive.  Also that purple frogspawn was beautiful but it did not like the move to my 15L and I lost it as well.  I haven't seen either one of these from you guys in a while! I used to have the pic from you guys but I think it got lost when my hard drive died.

Ah! We didn't have much of that one. Hopefully it pulls through, it's form Indo and those pieces aren't coming in anymore.

Legendary Corals

48708874987_ac09e7ec42_b.jpg

Our CC Needle in a Haystack and RMF Biohazard are looking great today. We keep these two very close to the surface in our frag systems. If you're looking for an acropora and own a mixed reef, these two pieces do very well compared to other species that require cleaner waters.

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...
Legendary Corals

In our opinion, Vivid's Blue Flame is one of the most beautiful Favias currently in the hobby. It looks very similar, if not the same, to TGC Favia of the Gods. But we received this piece as Vivid's Blue Flame before TGC Favia of the Gods came out, so that's the name we're sticking with!

49550985463_9fe742b490_b.jpg

• Wow 1
Legendary Corals

Another new addition to the farm! We just love gonioporas and are very excited to see how this piece will do in captivity over time.
49551718552_421e302b47_b.jpg

• Like 1
Legendary Corals

Just a glimpse of a few higher end zoanthids in the collection. They're growing great underneath our @kessilled 360x units! Getting plenty of light and blasted with flow.

49557438193_563065d640_b.jpg

• Like 2
Legendary Corals

With the reemergence of Indonesian corals coming in, it's time to add some new broodstock to the farm! We're very excited over this hot red and icy blue grafted favites. Hopefully it proves to do well in captivity.

49533630021_7aaccaef98_b.jpg
Legendary Corals
22 hours ago, Picogoby said:

Shame your not in the uk!

There are some great vendors in the UK!

One of our Yellow Submarine Favia growout pieces looking good this Friday! We just love those red splashes that develop on the body over time.

49533120898_233754e1fd_b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Recommended Discussions