Coral Vue Hydros

Would adding an AIO to a derimmed 20L act as a support brace?

dan0788

I want to de-rim a 20L I have laying around but dont want to take a chance with a potential failure down the road at any point. Would siliconing an AIO setup to one of the ends help as any type of support? Something like 1/4" acrylic 4-5" off one of the ends peninsula style? Or would any bowing just rip those silicone seams off?

Silicone doesn't stick all that well to acrylic, so I wouldn't anticipate it to add substantial structural support.  However, silicone is usually adequate to hold an insert in place.

4 hours ago, dan0788 said:

I want to de-rim a 20L I have laying around but dont want to take a chance with a potential failure down the road at any point. Would siliconing an AIO setup to one of the ends help as any type of support? Something like 1/4" acrylic 4-5" off one of the ends peninsula style? Or would any bowing just rip those silicone seams off?

Nope...

You could have glass cut and eurobrace it. 

The de-rimmed janky tanks look good in pictures where you can't see a ton of detail, but in person, the edges are unfinished and crappy. 

• Like 1