Cultivated Reef

i think aiptasia help!!!!

DeltaZ

hello reefers,

I am in need of help, i think that an aiptasia is growing below my duncan coral, i first though that maybe it was part of the duncan growing, but after looking at it closely it’s transparent and it has little orange bulbs at the end of its tentacles.  how do i get rid of it since it’s on the base of my duncan????   hopefully you can see it, it’s at the bottom left 

284E952B-9C35-4490-95E6-955DC016C4DD.jpeg

1BDD6264-19F2-4B75-81B8-6F0C75A3F52A.jpeg

440CF1EB-340A-4BAD-BC34-B7B15D6D7574.jpeg

61233BBE-A32A-4F0D-A187-130B25A6349A.jpeg

so, did a little digging and i think it could be a ball anemone.  so need to get rid of it or move it, how do i do this or is it bad??? should i kill it ??

• Like 1

I agree - it looks like a ball anemone - I hear they don't do any damage, but I have no experience with them. The coral seems unbothered for the most part. There are likely more in there, so I wouldn't stress yourself about removing them unless damage becomes obvious. A little close to home with the aptasia scare though, huh?

Gourami Swami

I wouldn't bother with it. Have a couple of them on the bottom of my torch coral for months and months. They don't do anything bad and they look cool. in my opinion