ReefCleaners.org

šŸ’¦ Ev's Evo 13.5 šŸ 

-evan

Hi!

Ā 

So - back in 2015Ā I had a 45g tank but being in high school it ended up being way too much for meĀ and I broke it down before I left for college. Fast forward to a few weeksĀ ago - I somehow end up back on this forum and before I know it I have a new EvoĀ at my door, Amazon Prime is a blessing and a curse.Ā 

Ā 

As I learned with my last go at thisĀ - I suck at tank maintenance AND keeping a journal, hopefully gonna stick with postingĀ this time and in turn it willĀ keep me from slackinĀ on my tank, we'll see šŸ˜›

Ā 

So here goes šŸ™‚

Ā 

IMG_2124.thumb.jpg.959f91a55ea36babe1ad383ff7a531fb.jpg6/26/19 - Day 0!

- Cloudy!Ā 

- Dosed Dr. Tims One & Only and ammonium chloride to 3ppm.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

IMG_2147.thumb.jpg.b62a7dd5c76540517055dd79c07687c4.jpg

6/29/19 - Day 3

-Ā Water finally starting to clear up.

- Ammonia reading 1.5ppmĀ 

• Like 5

Nice aquascape - you might want to invest in an ATO or fill your back chamber. If not, your salinity level will increase and your pump will go dry

• Like 1

very nice!Ā  love that you are utilizing the peninsula layout with the 2 side views.Ā  Your back chamber is really low though.Ā  It should be filled all the way up with about 3-4 inches from top of the tank.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Friendly said:

I really like that scape!Ā  šŸ˜„

thanks! wasn't sure how I felt about it at first but my epoxy arrived the same day as my tank and I was eager to get it wet so I just rolled with it... starting to grow on me a lil now tho šŸ™‚Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, ninjamyst said:

very nice!Ā  love that you are utilizing the peninsula layout with the 2 side views.Ā  Your back chamber is really low though.Ā  It should be filled all the way up with about 3-4 inches from top of the tank.

I wanted it to be the center of attention in the room lol,Ā one side is the first thing you seeĀ walking into my apartmentĀ and the other side is right next to my couch. Just filled up the back - thanks!Ā šŸ™‚

25 minutes ago, TatorTaco said:

Your house looks super cozy!Ā  What powerhead are you using on this tank?Ā  This is the 13.5.Ā  Right?Ā 

it's very much a work in progress like this tank lolĀ šŸ˜›Ā usingĀ the old version of the mp10, still having some trouble figuring out the best place to put it where it won't throw sand everywhere but where the flowĀ still reaches all of the tank. AlsoĀ yes - it'sĀ the 13.5.

5 minutes ago, Staticmoves said:

Tank looks great.

whats your current vision for coral.

Ā 

thanks! thinkingĀ mostly sps/lps with maybe a fewĀ nice zoasĀ 

Day 4Ā šŸ¤—

IMG_2153.thumb.jpg.78522432072bcf655fd11f540c98a30b.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

So I got my Salifert nitrate test today as I previously was only testing for ammonia, and nitrates are reading ~ 50 ppm? I'm using rock from my old tank that has been sitting dry in a bucket for years so I guess it's curing in my tank also?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Does this seem right? my ammonia is still reading around 1.5ppm.

Ā 

Staticmoves
19 hours ago, -evan said:

thanks! thinkingĀ mostly sps/lps with maybe a fewĀ nice zoasĀ 

Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™ve put in my EVO.

your rockscape is going to make for some great growth patterns.

1 hour ago, Daniel91 said:

Pretty sure you need to read it from top

Ā 

1 hour ago, ninjamyst said:

if you read it from the side, you suppose to divide the number by 10....so you have 5ppm =P

interesting..... šŸ™‚šŸ™‚šŸ™‚ learning! thank you!!Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, Staticmoves said:

Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™ve put in my EVO.

your rockscape is going to make for some great growth patterns.

nice! yeah the original plan was to fill the island on the left with some zoas but now all I can picture is a bunch of euphyillia there lol.. might add some rubble to the other side and make another island for some zoas/shrooms

• 1 month later...

so! -Ā a fewĀ changes since I last postedĀ 

+ some fts pics from all 3 sides šŸ™‚Ā 

IMG_2496.thumb.jpeg.dd7b5e7621864f14deb2d1029d94c806.jpeg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

The tank finished cycling around JulyĀ 20th.Ā after that I bought the Evo skimmer, the AutoAqua Smart ATO, and just recently bought the inTank chamber 2 media basket.. taking a break from upgrades for a bitĀ šŸ˜›

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

IMG_2493.thumb.jpg.fdff96ab003788a5d1239294ba190a3d.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I also got my first few corals! they're doing great

and I'veĀ recentlyĀ startedĀ to see new growth. theres a fewĀ zoa frags and some lps, good closeups to come whenever I get aĀ lens for my phone šŸ˜‰

Ā 

IMG_2494.thumb.jpg.4487784dc4d09ed0f9a0e645a8b641a5.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Super excited to start stocking this tank and for stuff to start filling in šŸ˜›Ā 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • 2 weeks later...