Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Bioload Suggestion

JohnCena

Hey Guys, I'm upgrading my tank to 20G from 5G. I have 1 hermit, 3 snails, 4 corals in my Tank. I'm thinking to move them to my new tank as my old tank is fully cycled(Can i do it like this?).

Just wondering how much bio load (Fish and Hermits) I can add to my tank so that it doesn't affect the tank parameters.

If your going to transfer the contents to a new tank you will be fine to add some stuff, but imo it’s always best to go slow and not add a ton of stuff all at once. 

Yes, I wanna wait like a month before I add a fish or another coral. But just confused how much bio load it can hold? I want to add 2 sexy shrimp, 1 cleaner shrimp, 3 hermit carbs, 3 snails and 2 clowns, 1 goby. 

2 hours ago, JohnCena said:

Yes, I wanna wait like a month before I add a fish or another coral. But just confused how much bio load it can hold? I want to add 2 sexy shrimp, 1 cleaner shrimp, 3 hermit carbs, 3 snails and 2 clowns, 1 goby. 

That seems pretty reasonable to me. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, JohnCena said:

Won’t be a problem at all for you. Just don’t put the 3 fish in at the same time to give your bacteria a chance to catch up.  

I have 2 clowns, a TSB, and a Yoshi Goby in my 20. 

• Like 1

It depends.

Are you adding new dry rock or established liverock? Have you already set up the 20 with all new cycled rock?

What you currently have will not add much bioload so they can just be added. I would then wait a few weeks before adding 1 fish.

Then keep a few weeks in between fish additions(ideally I would qt new fish in the 5g)

• Like 2
On 6/27/2019 at 9:02 AM, JohnCena said:

This stock will be fine. Three nano fish in a 20g is a very happy number. I would probably try to do the goby first so it can get settled and wait a few weeks before the clowns go in.

• Like 2

@Clown79 I have a fully cycled 5 gallon tank with two dry rocks and few bio balls. So i'll be moving them to my new tank (with my corals, Fish died all of a sudden, it was good for a month and it became cloudy and died. So no fish in this 5G tank for almost a month and will keep another month without fish ) with some new dry rocks. Wait for few weeks and then add goby then other fishes like @Tamberav suggested. Thanks again.