Ratvan

Indo-Pacific Goby Biotope

Ratvan
1 minute ago, billygoat said:

That blenny is looking a lot better! Nice job fattening him up.

Nice lunch too! 👍

LMAO that was unintentional 

But thank you

Amphrites

No wonder he's putting on weight, little blighter's eating better than I am.
Oh and a normal blue candy cane should run $5-15 for a head or two.

• Like 1

Ratvan

@billygoat shame I'm not doing a Caribbean biotope with that Curried Goat. 

Been told that the office will shut off power tonight...... great in 1.5 hours

• Haha 1

Ratvan

Morning All

Hope you had a good weekend. 

Nearly had a heart attack this morning, could not find Cujo anywhere. Considering that the power to this tank and the Pico was off from Friday 5pm until Midday Saturday I expected the worse, I wrapped the tank with spare Polyboxes from coral orders and a multitude of Hi Vis Clothing before I left in an attempt to conserve as much heat as possible, Couldn't see him so decided to feed the tank, just before he shot out I spotted him underneath the GSP

20190812_090537.thumb.jpg.158b708125e409dd5b43f4e9d5fbfd44.jpg20190812_090531.thumb.jpg.9bdc1d897031a27ac5c4d08d368e7d9b.jpg

Need to blast the GSP as it has some weird kind of algae growth over the top (red/pink colouring) as does my Toadstool so i guess that today will be maintenance day. Also might clean the front glass.....

• Like 3

Ratvan

Right so I seem to have started to get a fair amount of Green Hair Algae forming on my rocks. I have been pulling and scrubbing for a couple of weeks now so I think it is time to add to my CuC. I am thinking of adding another load of Red Legged and Blue Legged Hermits to the tank. I might pop in a Mexican Turbo and remove it once it has made a big dent in the growth. Cujo likes to tear bits of it off as well, which is nice. 

I have a fair bit Film Algae growing on my glass as well, so I am looking into picking up some Astreas and possibly a Cowrie, I will also order a bag load of Stomatella's in my next coral order (September after my Holiday, Mrs Birthday, Anniversary and something else all rolled into one)

• Like 2

Ratvan

20190814_123824.thumb.jpg.7b4b5bcda9f6818a28e3b5a361938136.jpg

The barnacles are the place to be

20190809_155906.thumb.jpg.c13e7906cf32989f7e61d445a5596fb5.jpg

• Like 2

billygoat

Those barnacles seem like they've been a great addition! I tried to get a similar thing going in my own tank by adding a large shell for my blenny to hide in, but he's got his spot in the rock and he's not much interested in going anywhere else. 😄

Give it a bit of time and those barnacles will probably become encrusted with coralline and other cool growth. I love watching that stuff grow in and fill up space. It's one of my favorite parts of the hobby.

• Thanks 1

Ratvan

Comparison Shot of Cujo since he came out and hung around for a bit today

IMG_20190813_190749.thumb.jpg.c2a6518678003bfc95975bd9c98610d5.jpg

Bottom image was 24.07.2019 top image was today 14.08.19.

3 Weeks Progress

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Amphrites

Looks much healthier, nice color and a fully-belly. Awesome to see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

billygoat
25 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

Looks much healthier, nice color and a fully-belly. Awesome to see.

Yeah, I'll say! If you'd asked me in the beginning if that fish was going to make it, I would have told you straight up that it was almost certainly doomed. Look how concave its belly was! Nice job rehabilitating it Ratvan. 🙏

Ratvan
2 minutes ago, billygoat said:

Yeah, I'll say! If you'd asked me in the beginning if that fish was going to make it, I would have told you straight up that it was almost certainly doomed. Look how concave its belly was! Nice job rehabilitating it Ratvan. 🙏

I was advised not too but I kept walking past him and yeah.... couldn't leave it like that in with clowns. Think he got out competed for food. I would not do it again though cost me more than the fish would in various pods

• Like 1

Ratvan
3 hours ago, billygoat said:

Those barnacles seem like they've been a great addition! I tried to get a similar thing going in my own tank by adding a large shell for my blenny to hide in, but he's got his spot in the rock and he's not much interested in going anywhere else. 😄

Give it a bit of time and those barnacles will probably become encrusted with coralline and other cool growth. I love watching that stuff grow in and fill up space. It's one of my favorite parts of the hobby.

Like this one? Looks like it blends into the rock

KimmyB75

Thank you for referencing my journal!! It makes me smile a little when something I share can help give others ideas. 

Looks like everything is coming along nicely! I love my barnacle cluster and so does one of my Fire Goby. Just set up a 2.6g Fluval Spec AIO for a pico tank. Took mostly everything from the 40B to make it. Nothing in it yet as other than a nice chunk of LR. Upgraded the pump with a Harbor Freight small pond pump. Moves the water so much better than the tiny pump it came with. I will have to get some pics posted. It's actually really cute! Was contemplating on moving the peppermint shrimp to it, but just not sure just yet. Going to let it sit and run till something inspires me. 

Oh for those who were helping with Mr. Bubbles (the Sebae nem) situation, I have decided it was best to send him to a new larger home. I hope he has many years of happiness in his new tank. No more nems for me. To much like taking care of a constantly sick child and I sure don't have time to babysit it.

If I can manage to find more nice barnacle clusters, I will most definitely be adding them. They are the best.

• Like 1