Pod Your Reef

Indo-Pacific Goby Biotope (SHUT DOWN 2019.10.04)

Ratvan

I'm amazed the damsel jumped, they're not really known for that, even when I turn mine into a zombie by turning the lights in the living room on too late at night it just kind of listlessly blows around in the current.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
16 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

when I turn mine into a zombie by turning the lights in the living room on too late at night it just kind of listlessly blows around in the current

My clownfish do this too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mine are in a lower flow tank, so it appears more like they are just asleep, even if they were awake when the lights came on.  They have done this for more than a decade; and no, I don't ramp up my T5 lights.  It usually takes just a few minutes for them to start to behave normally.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, seabass said:

Mine are in a lower flow tank, so it appears more like they are just asleep, even if they were awake when the lights came on.  They have done this for more than a decade; and no, I don't ramp up my T5 lights.  It usually takes just a few minutes for them to start to behave normally.

Ah see, the damsel sleeps in caves, it will literally come out from the cave in stress colors and float, wide-eyed and backwards around the tank until I turn the lights off XD

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Hmmmm that may have done it. Have a timer so lights click in at full in the mornings. It did seem a little skittish at lights on.

Cujo is still swimming around. Have seen it chilling in the wavemaker flow several times before perching on my Hammer....

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

does look more pale though

Not sure when your lights come on.  However, my yellow clown goby would be almost white when the lights first came on.

Popped into my LFS on the way into work this morning, was after some more CuC (that actually are snails and not hermit crabs) unfortunately they would not let me take this one as it 😞 just mean

0f29c5105cec4363a43590a4eb5b29d8.thumb.jpg.05648bed2bbaa9fb9cf9ce71db9ebc5e.jpg411d346123c56d67c85baa1781e0d72c.thumb.jpg.4622476703fe442b0bb28dbe8e807596.jpg

If only they didn't notice that 'nem lol

• Haha 5
  • Wow 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Just now, billygoat said:

I'll miss the pico, but I'm excited for the RSM130! On to bigger (and hopefully better!) things. 😊

The Pico will live on as a ATO reservoir! Or QT

It'll be part of the same system anyway

• Like 2
  • Haha 2