Coral Vue Hydros

Anyone use this?

justinkdenny

23 minutes ago, justinkdenny said:

Hey guys and gals,  has anyone used this and if so what are your thoughts?

Screenshot_20190626-173755_Chrome.jpg

There's 55 opinions on this product in this screen shot. 

• Haha 1

Haven't used it myself, but from what I've heard it's super loud at first and then after two weeks or so either gets much better or stays super loud forever. 😅

Also reduces the GPH of the pump it's attached to, but that doesn't seem to be a concern for most people who use it.

justinkdenny
3 hours ago, billygoat said:

Haven't used it myself, but from what I've heard it's super loud at first and then after two weeks or so either gets much better or stays super loud forever. 😅

Also reduces the GPH of the pump it's attached to, but that doesn't seem to be a concern for most people who use it.

I had read that too about the noise. Thanks

Its noisy, it doesn't provide that great of flow, even with upgraded pumps.

Sitting in my closet collecting dust, replaced it with RFG nozzle which is great. Quiet, no moving parts to break, and actually provides random flow.

I love mine, have 2 on a 20g drop off tank. They reduce flow significantly so I upgraded my pump and after a good vinegar bath and a few days in the tank they are dead quite 

justinkdenny
1 hour ago, Clown79 said:

Its noisy, it doesn't provide that great of flow, even with upgraded pumps.

Sitting in my closet collecting dust, replaced it with RFG nozzle which is great. Quiet, no moving parts to break, and actually provides random flow.

Is this the one you are talking about?

Screenshot_20190627-202756_Chrome.jpg

I have a spin stream. It really does reduce return flow, but like others I upgraded the return pump, I like it in my Nuvo 10. It was noisy at first but quieted down fairly quick. I like it, and with the upgraded pump the flow seems good enough, but again that's in a Nuvo 10.

justinkdenny
13 minutes ago, 5*Chris said:

I have a spin stream. It really does reduce return flow, but like others I upgraded the return pump, I like it in my Nuvo 10. It was noisy at first but quieted down fairly quick. I like it, and with the upgraded pump the flow seems good enough, but again that's in a Nuvo 10.

Thanks for your input Chris?  Which pump did you upgrade to?

I upgraded to a Tunze 1073.008. I believe I have it turn up about 75%. Huge difference compared to stock pump and the Tunze is silent. To be honest I was going to take the spin stream off until I put the new pump in.

12 hours ago, justinkdenny said:

Yes. They are awesome.

I use them on my lagoon and then put one in my nuvo 10.

You got to get the adaptor and rfg but worth the price.

14 hours ago, justinkdenny said:

I use one of these. It works really well and has no moving parts - a really neat product. As long as you have the recommended gph pushing through it it works flawlessly.