Jump to content
Camwolf1858

What are these little anemone things all over my rock?

Recommended Posts

Camwolf1858

These little anemone looking things with white dots at the center and little fingers around it popped up all over my new live rock on the coralline algae. Anyone got an id? I can’t find anything online.

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
16 minutes ago, Camwolf1858 said:

These little anemone looking things with white dots at the center and little fingers around it popped up all over my new live rock on the coralline algae. Anyone got an id? I can’t find anything online.

 

Need pics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Camwolf1858
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

 

Need pics. 

Sorry I’m new whoops I thought I put one

image.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
6 minutes ago, Camwolf1858 said:

Sorry I’m new whoops I thought I put one

image.jpg

 

Looks like Green Star Polyps 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
SeaFurn

It looks like that new live rock had been previously covered in green star polyps and they are making a comeback. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Camwolf1858
18 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

It looks like that new live rock had been previously covered in green star polyps and they are making a comeback. 

 

18 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

 

Looks like Green Star Polyps 

I read they grow fast, should I be worried of them taking over?

Share this post


Link to post
SeaFurn

They will pretty much take over any rock they are on, which is why people suggest putting them on their own rock. 

 

That piece of live rock you have looks pretty covered already-even though all the polyps haven’t popped back up.  I’m guessing you intended other corals for it. You’d have to scrape off all the purple you see if you wanted to rid the rock of them. Even then it seems that even the smallest piece missed will grow again. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Camwolf1858
14 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

They will pretty much take over any rock they are on, which is why people suggest putting them on their own rock. 

 

That piece of live rock you have looks pretty covered already-even though all the polyps haven’t popped back up.  I’m guessing you intended other corals for it. You’d have to scrape off all the purple you see if you wanted to rid the rock of them. Even then it seems that even the smallest piece missed will grow again. 

 

 

That’s probably what I’ll end up doing, thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...