Innovative Marine Aquariums

Help with bubble tip anemone hiding

oceanboy

I got a new bubble tip anemone yesterday. He immediately started moving over to the underside of my rock and has been there since I got him yesterday. Is there anything I can do to help it/ease its stress and make sure it lives? 

Here are some pics of the nem and my lighting. 24F76917-6371-4027-967F-DF66A8A4159E.thumb.png.02ab7c77d106a580acf347b649d2b381.png6F898B2B-D5A5-4024-A52B-07F5EAF759E4.thumb.jpeg.e13ff9c9cdf8bf9c55f7773e08fc2f29.jpegBEE9E72D-11EF-45D3-9C8E-D7DAD8C85D1E.thumb.png.af2d4c408e2fc27278be35d1b8c41736.png

The tank has been running for 2 years now. Specific gravity is 1.026, and I do 25% water changes every other week. It’s a 40 gallon aquarium. Yesterday, I lowered the lighting intensity a little to these settings above, since I want to acclimate the new corals I got yesterday from reef a palooza. Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

typical Bubble Tip. never stay where you want them . I have 5(4 clones on the first one i bought) 2 of them are positioned at the back of the tank never see them unless i bend my neck to look.

by the looks of your pic yours must be in view to observe and there's plenty of nucks and crannies for the Nem to anchor his foot. So i dont think it will wander far.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, ReeferWade said:

Just let it find its own spot, you'll drive yourself crazy trying to put it where you want..... I might have done that 😛

Not to mention if you keep making it angry by moving it around and put it in a spot where it can't find happiness nearby, it'll go on a walkabout of your tank wreaking havoc on everything in its path and possibly killing itself if your powerhead gets in its way.

How long do they normally take to come out? He’s been hiding under the rock in darkness for 2 days now and I’m worried he’ll waste away with no light. All the other corals look very healthy