Cultivated Reef

Justin's 10 gal. Nano cube

justinkdenny

Well it seems like I have knocked back the dinos somewhat.  Corals are looking healthy with some growth.  One of them I thought was dead has started recovering.   I am seeing quite a few pods from tiny all the way to almost rice sized showing up in the main display.   Also seeing what I think is baby bristle worms so I'm finally getting diversity.   My snails don't seem lethargic so that's good.  Hopefully, I have turned the corner and things are on track.  Where I used to have to dose nitrates and phosphates, I am now having trouble keeping them down, which I think is a better problem.   Thanks so much to everyone who helped me with the dinos.   I don't think I have won the war but I have won a few battles lately.  Feels good!

• 2 weeks later...
justinkdenny

My new acan I bought just for the live rock it came on. Lots of coraline algae on it to help seed the tank.  It has 2 heads and I paid a grand total of 10 bucks.  Yeah

20200304_210310.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
SliceGolfer
On 3/5/2020 at 10:09 AM, justinkdenny said:

I still don't know what type of zoas these are.  Any ideas?

20200304_210903.jpg

Looks like Radioactive Green Dragon Eyes to me

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking good in here! You're coming up on a year now, right? Give it another year and that rockscape is going to be covered in zoas. 👌

justinkdenny
14 hours ago, billygoat said:

Looking good in here! You're coming up on a year now, right? Give it another year and that rockscape is going to be covered in zoas. 👌

It will be a year in June.  I'm saving space for some sps on the top rock.  I think it has matured enough for them.  Thinking about making an online order to boom corals.  I cant decide if I want to try some acropora or just try montipora and stylophora.

• 1 month later...
justinkdenny

Haven't updated in a while.  RIP Pickle.  He thought the grass was greener outside the tank.  Now I broke down and added a diy lid.  I don't like lids but i also hate to lose fish.

20200416_171438.jpg

• Sad 1