Cultivated Reef

fish suggestions for the different level's in the water column?

Friendly

a bunch of rimmed 30 gallon tall tanks have come up for sale locally for cheap, so I'm considering grabbing one.

gobies for the bottom, clown's for the mid...what for the upper water column?

and of course, suggestions for other bottom and mid-level species is appreciated!

Houston(EX)NanoReefer

I know they get bad raps, but Six Lines are great for occupying other areas of the tank. Clown gobies are great, too. Mine is always perching on a different spot in the tank. 

well, for simplicity, I'm going to be rather boring...

yellow watchman & shrimp and then a clownfish or two plus a nice assortment of crabs.

Houston(EX)NanoReefer
2 minutes ago, Friendly said:

well, for simplicity, I'm going to be rather boring...

yellow watchman & shrimp and then a clownfish or two plus a nice assortment of crabs.

That's exactly what I had in my Nuvo 20 that I had up for a little over a year, with the addition of the six line, which I added last. Everyone got along pretty well. 

On 6/20/2019 at 11:00 AM, Friendly said:

a bunch of rimmed 30 gallon tall tanks have come up for sale locally for cheap, so I'm considering grabbing one.

gobies for the bottom, clown's for the mid...what for the upper water column?

and of course, suggestions for other bottom and mid-level species is appreciated!

Chromis and Cardinals hang out in the top. I would like a pair of bangaiis to make some maybe babies for my red sea tank since it is fairly tall.