Innovative Marine Aquariums

Came home to a noisy Mighty Jet 538gph

Matteo

What gives?

Only has been running in for about 4 days and now it is noisy. No debri or true signs of wear. It is sorta like a grinding noise. When pressure is given pack the noise gets louder. 

I can replace at Marinedepot.com but am waiting to see if I can get shipping expedited since this is sorta my only return pump. 

Any thoughts though? Did I just get a dud?

• Like 1

Maybe there is something wrong with that one. 

Mine were noisy in the beginning but have quieted down. It wasn't a grinding noise though, just loud till it broke in.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Have you popped the impeller out all the way? Sometimes the blades aren't well balanced or there's a little plastic tab still on one part.

I pulled it all apart and yeah the impellar plastic seems a little off causing some scraping on the motor. 

Most likely just a faulty one it happens. MarineDepot.com already approved my return for an exchange. Hopefully it has a quick turn around time. Using a slightly noisy sicce 1.5 which I use for salt mixing but it will do the trick for now. 

I think I'm the first one to have this issues because I Googled and there was nothing 😂

Only found: silent, quiet, dead silent, no noise from the pump. I guess Rip me 😂

46 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Maybe there is something wrong with that one. 

Mine were noisy in the beginning but have quieted down. It wasn't a grinding noise though, just loud till it broke in.

Def. Just something wrong. Insides look a little warped. Noise happened only 4 days after use so there goes the breakin idea 

• Like 2