Pod Your Reef

Pulse mode talk

Noobreefer90

Noobreefer90

I’ve always liked the look of the side to side sway of pulse mode in tanks. So I decided to order a jabeo sw4 yesterday will be heee Wednesday. Does anyone else use pulse can I see videos of your tank. Do I need other wave makers in tank other than the sw4.  Atm I have a small fountain pump and a koralia 525 I just want pulse and sway. Tank is 36g bowfront 

On 6/17/2019 at 3:03 PM, Noobreefer90 said:

I’ve always liked the look of the side to side sway of pulse mode in tanks. So I decided to order a jabeo sw4 yesterday will be heee Wednesday. Does anyone else use pulse can I see videos of your tank. Do I need other wave makers in tank other than the sw4.  Atm I have a small fountain pump and a koralia 525 I just want pulse and sway. Tank is 36g bowfront 

I have an SW2 in a smaller tank, a 7 gallon cube. I think my cube is too narrow to create a real wave. You can adjust the pulse rate on these, it may take some fine tuning, and for a 36 gallon you may need more than the one pump. But eager to see how it works out or you, please post a video or the results when you get it in your tank! I think I may have the same 36 gallon bow front(my freshwater tank)...Petsmart by any chance? Or is it a "fancy" tank...lol

The problem with creating a visual wave is that the flow isn't chaotic then. It's a very predictable back and forth. I use pulse mode but in conjuction with random as well as aiming at the glass so my flow is as random as possible. 

My corals never seemed to like the pulse mode.

I have my mighty jet on wave in 1 tank with random flow generators, plus my kps. Things seem to prefer the random flow rather than constant pulse...tank stays cleaner too 

• Like 1
Noobreefer90

Well all my corals seem to like it other than my frogspawn idk if it’s just gonna take time to adjust or just don’t like the side to side flow the frogspawn was in a very low flow spot didn’t like to much flow and would bush out hide but now with side by side it’s not out much. Hope it adjust because I bought the pump just for pulse because I like the look 

Noobreefer90
On 6/18/2019 at 10:48 PM, MetaTank said:

I have an SW2 in a smaller tank, a 7 gallon cube. I think my cube is too narrow to create a real wave. You can adjust the pulse rate on these, it may take some fine tuning, and for a 36 gallon you may need more than the one pump. But eager to see how it works out or you, please post a video or the results when you get it in your tank! I think I may have the same 36 gallon bow front(my freshwater tank)...Petsmart by any chance? Or is it a "fancy" tank...lol

Bought it from someone local has a nice plexiglass stand 

• Like 1