Pod Your Reef

Gen’s 1st saltwater tank ever - pico 2.6gal

Geneve

Been lurking here for a while. getting ideas and sparked my curiosity to my 1st saltwater tank. i have 7 freshwater tanks and had an empty Fluval Spec 3. Started the tank March 2019.

Tank: Fluval Spec 3

Light: Lumini Pixie 30

Filter media: InTank media basket with filter floss, ChemiPure Nano, Purigen, (Phosguard removed), marinePure bio balls

Heater: Cobalt 50w heater

Pump: Hydor centrifical pump 100gph

ATO: Smart micro

Nature’s Ocean bio active

dry Liverock from lfs

livestock: paired hi banded goby and pistol shrimp, 2 snails (forgot what kind)

B652E91A-AC69-4BA5-A19A-F0ABDDEEFA02.jpeg

128DD09E-0DBD-4103-B905-BF0DEEB26F84.jpeg

6DFADBFB-D3EF-40C2-B608-59970AACCA37.jpeg

FFA010DF-E50C-48B7-8015-B49BFF460DFA.jpeg

25CB851F-9C09-4367-B3DC-B7525AAACA29.jpeg

40E54069-BE32-40B9-978C-89153B20A8DE.jpeg

86B3257E-6C18-4408-AD18-B54AA2DDD300.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
Christopher Marks

Welcome to the community @Geneve! It looks like you're off to a great start with your pico reef, you have quite an impressive coral frag collection going already! 

Any photos of your banded goby and pistol shrimp? I bet they're quite the characters.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Welcome to the community @Geneve! It looks like you're off to a great start with your pico reef, you have quite an impressive coral frag collection going already! 

Any photos of your banded goby and pistol shrimp? I bet they're quite the characters.

really hard to take pics of them together lol 

they are unpredictable. and when they are indeed together out and about, im always not ready with my filter lens. so here’s a snapshot from a video clip. i had to rearrange the rocks because almost all the sand under the rocks have been dug out

D9447BC0-8AE5-46E5-94B4-7154ACC1F737.png

• Like 3

Welcome! I like the rockwork for that little tank, beautiful possibilities! Nice little collection of corals as well!

1 minute ago, MetaTank said:

Welcome! I like the rockwork for that little tank, beautiful possibilities! Nice little collection of corals as well!

thank you 🙂 

i'll be moving some stuff out of this tank to a Fluval Evo 13.5 soon.... so a rescape is coming soon.....

1 minute ago, Geneve said:

thank you 🙂 

i'll be moving some stuff out of this tank to a Fluval Evo 13.5 soon.... so a rescape is coming soon.....

I totally understand. I was out of the hobby for almost 5 years, then I went from having just one freshwater tank to adding 4 more tiny saltwater setups within a few months of each other...lol. All under 10 gallons, haha

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...