Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Aqamai KPS

jhaber

I have one on my nuvo 10. I like it. It's small, wifi controlled, and powerful for its size. My only real complaint is that you can't connect it to your home network. 

I really like these pumps.  Tiny, super quiet and highly customizable, down to every 30 minutes.  I have 2 in my 20g right now.  

4 minutes ago, RyvBoy said:

for 25g cube better kps or kpm?

I think a KPM would be too much, I have a KPS in a 24 and it's plenty and not even turned up all the way.

Just now, ReeferWade said:

I think a KPM would be too much, I have a KPS in a 24 and it's plenty and not even turned up all the way.

at the moment I've got a Tunze 6040. I have to add one more.  I don't know if buy a kps or a ai nero 5

The Nero 5 is really nice.  I've been to a friend's house who has 2 Nero 5s running, and they are also really quiet.  They are just different pumps tho.  Way more output (3,000 max gph vs 1,050 max gph for KPS), but twice the cost (at around $250 vs $120 for a KPS).  Nero is a bit larger too in size, but makes sense given how much flow they put out.

Ya I've been looking at getting one as I already have the Aqamai light (Awesome!!) and it would intergrate with it. The price point is also a plus $119. My other concern was the size I don't want it to be super bulky being that the tank is only 12g.

1 minute ago, jhaber said:

Ya I've been looking at getting one as I already have the Aqamai light (Awesome!!) and it would intergrate with it. The price point is also a plus $119. My other concern was the size I don't want it to be super bulky being that the tank is only 12g.

Sounds like a match! 

5 hours ago, RyvBoy said:

for 25g cube better kps or kpm?

I have 1 kps in a 25g with the return pump. 

1 hour ago, jhaber said:

The light looks cool. Haven't seen many users online 

5 hours ago, Clown79 said:

I have 1 kps in a 25g with the return pump. 

I feel like there are a lot of blind spot with a single powerhead in a cube

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, RyvBoy said:

I feel like there are a lot of blind spot with a single powerhead in a cube

I have no dead spots. 

My return pump is 538gph with random flow generators plus the kps.

It really depends on rockwork, powerhead placement, if there are return pumps or hobs.

There really is no precise 1 answer works for all

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

How noisy is your aqamai? I just bought one a few days ago and set it up in my tank. The pump makes this noticeable loud humming sound when it runs more 50% of it power, or while in wave mode turning on and off every 1-2seconds. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had no problems with mine. It set up on android no problem and ran for months without issue. But I just got a new phone and now I can't connect to the device.