ReefCleaners.org

Nano Anemone - Setup Options

Gravity

12 hours ago, jfalkartist said:

Just because something can be done...doesn't mean it should be or that it's right for you or the anemone you are wanting to keep.    When I build a tank setup, I plan accordingly by taking into account what size the invert / fish / coral will be when full grown.  That just seems like common sense from my point of view.

You could take a human being and put them in a 6 foot x 6 foot x 6 foot box for their entire life...but that wouldn't make it right.  Most people would consider that inhumane.  

Be smart when you set up a tank and plan for long term success if you are serious about keeping a living creature for years to come...especially something that is estimated to live for over 80 years.

• Size of organism - inches: 12.0 inches (30.48 cm)
  • Lifespan: 100 years - Some anemones have been known to live 80 years or more in captivity, and hundreds of years in the wild.

http://animal-world.com/Aquarium-Coral-Reefs/Bubble-Tip-Anemone

🤔 🙄 this whole hobby shouldn’t be done if that’s the way you look at things. Most reefers care about the animals we’ve taken into our care, most are responsible and re-home something if need be especially since most of us here jumped into the nano game. 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Sancho said:

🤔 🙄 this whole hobby shouldn’t be done if that’s the way you look at things. Most reefers care about the animals we’ve taken into our care, most are responsible and re-home something if need be especially since most of us here jumped into the nano game. 

Very, very true.

Being nano tank owners, we know that MOST livestock will out grow our systems.

I had to frag off a toadstool in a year because it outgrew my 10g

• Like 3