Proxo

Ai Prime Questions.

Proxo

As some of you might know i own a evo 13.5g, modded the hood light but i'm sick of having to remove the hood to target feed etc.
I was thinking of getting a prime but here's where my OCD slightly kicks in, i have a fluval spec 60L right next to the evo stuff has to match right? 😄

Anyway, i noticed there's an ai prime freshwater version but if i'm right as the "marine" version has so much control over the light, why is there a freshwater version?
I'm basically unsure how i will go in the future with freshwater once i get into salt more, if i was to rid the freshwater i'd go bigger salt (hence 2 ai primes would be nice).

Muchas gracias people 😄

ReefCap

Different LED spectrum from the fresh water one to the marine one. Still that same amount of control ability but has more white and red LED’s than blue and violet.

Proxo

Ah yes of course, thank you. Now i'm in a pickle on what to do 😄

Clown79

Completely different spectrum as plants and corals have different requirements.

The fw prime could be used on chaeto over. Fuge/sump

Proxo
16 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Completely different spectrum as plants and corals have different requirements.

The fw prime could be used on chaeto over. Fuge/sump

Yeah i know they need different spectrums but as the light has so much control ability (never used the light obviously) i wasn't sure if i could get away buying the marine version
and using it on a freshwater incase i upgrade my reef tank and do away with fresh. I'm guessing to some degree it could work, depending on the plants though.

ReefCap
20 minutes ago, Proxo said:

Yeah i know they need different spectrums but as the light has so much control ability (never used the light obviously) i wasn't sure if i could get away buying the marine version
and using it on a freshwater incase i upgrade my reef tank and do away with fresh. I'm guessing to some degree it could work, depending on the plants though.

You could use the marine version for fresh water. Set blues to 0%-5% whites way up and red and green up too won’t be perfect but it’s a very strong light and over a small fresh water tank it would work

• Like 1

seamonkeyminer
On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:45 PM, Proxo said:

I have the marine version over my freshwater tank, I have had some really good success with it. I have it start off with blues in the morning (mainly just looks cool to me) then ramp up to about 7000k then back down at night. In the app there is a control panel that allows you to adjust what temperature you are going for and intensity rather than just trying to change each channel yourself. Sounds like you are concerned about switching to saltwater for both, I would just get both marine versions then you don't have to worry. The freshwater one lacks a lot of the blue/violet spectrum that you would want for coral while the marine one can do both pretty well.

• Like 2

Kfactor

I had a planted tank with the ai prime fresh over  it and I changed the tank over to a salt tank and still using the light over it . It works pretty

good and I have sps frags in there for over 2 months and looking pretty good. If I knew I was getting back in the salt water hobbie I would have got the marine one lol  

D71BDDC5-7576-4674-9F12-0832D7F7F7D5.png

0C11204A-FB0A-446E-80E1-99311105DB43.jpeg

CD792245-2DC5-4FCD-A1BF-7956D2C276F4.jpeg

Kfactor

Proxo

Very nice 😄 i've got a 4ft tank empty with no room to put it at the moment and i know for a fact when i get the chance it'll turn to salt 😄 hence my debate lol.
Is that a fluval evo tank? I've also put some black vinyl wrap on the back chamber to hide my refugium light but if that is an evo, i like the black trim too.

Kfactor
8 minutes ago, Proxo said:

Very nice 😄 i've got a 4ft tank empty with no room to put it at the moment and i know for a fact when i get the chance it'll turn to salt 😄 hence my debate lol.
Is that a fluval evo tank? I've also put some black vinyl wrap on the back chamber to hide my refugium light but if that is an evo, i like the black trim too.

No it’s a 10g I made in to a aio tank the stand and light holder i made aswell