Cultivated Reef

Lifegard 14.26 Peninsula Reef

Gourami Swami

Gourami Swami

Hello NR

I have been keeping my nano-reef for probably around 8 months now, and have gone from a 6.8 imagitarium cube, to a 6.6 bowfront, and now, after deciding I wanted more livestock and more room for corals, I've upgraded to a 14.26 crystal peninsula by Lifegard aquatics. All the rock and corals came from the previous 6.6, and has been in the new tank for close to a month now.

It is a simple setup, I am running floss for filtration as well as a fuge in the AIO chamber with submerged light growing gracilaria. The light I upgraded from a hipargero, to a current USA marine orbit, which seems to be keeping my corals happy. I am using a hydor return pump, and a jebao OW10 for flow. I have no ATO, skimmer,  or other extra equipment, and the tank runs on once-weekly 25%ish water changes, algae scrub, and floss replacement.

Live stock is- Coral of all kinds (soft, lps, sps), one misbar clownfish, one banggai cardinal, a cleaner shrimp, one hermit crab, and a bunch of snails. I've decided I am only going to keep captive-bred fish in this tank

• Like 2
Gourami Swami

Thanks. Yeah, super well made tank and very clear glass. Edges are 45* beveled as well. Only paid I think 115$ shipped for the tank.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hey there Goswami!

I am thinking about this tank. wondering if I can ask you a few questions.

can you give us filter area measurements?  

did you make your own media basket? 

any chance we could get a quick video?

if you where do to id again would you go with this tank over the evo or IM?

cheers

D

• 2 months later...
The Rainy Day Aquarium
1 hour ago, itsamaybe said:

How did you plug the bottom back wall filtration hole?

The Lifegard Crystal tanks come with a plug as well as a strainer/inlet for the lower intake. At lease my 4.1 gallon tank did.

Fantastic reef Gourami Swami ! I really like how simple and clean it is! How do you like your Current LED? 

• 3 weeks later...
Gourami Swami
On 10/1/2019 at 12:57 AM, The Rainy Day Aquarium said:

The Lifegard Crystal tanks come with a plug as well as a strainer/inlet for the lower intake. At lease my 4.1 gallon tank did.

Fantastic reef Gourami Swami ! I really like how simple and clean it is! How do you like your Current LED? 

Yup, flow only really works right if the bottom is on strainer mode though, so I put a mesh bag full of bio-balls in the back chamber that no water bypasses. Could probably put floss down there behind the strainer if you really wanted as well.

The current orbit is alright, I have the V1 and It's definitely more purple than I was used to. I think I might like the pro or newer model more. I believe I am moving pretty soon and will upgrade whole tank at that time, so I'll probably get new lights then too.

• 5 months later...

Hey Gourami, 

I have a Lifegard 14.26 as well but was thinking about upgrading the pump that comes with the tank, you have any suggestions? I also would like to alter the (aio) filtration chamber into a fuge and was wondering if you’d share which light you’re using in the back chamber?  
Thanks! 

• 2 months later...
On 7/28/2019 at 6:24 PM, devaji108 said:

Hey there Goswami!

I am thinking about this tank. wondering if I can ask you a few questions.

can you give us filter area measurements?  

did you make your own media basket? 

any chance we could get a quick video?

if you where do to id again would you go with this tank over the evo or IM?

cheers

D

I too am curious about this. Know this is an older thread but would really love to know ops thoughts