ReefCleaners.org

Flasher wrasse injury?

Rosem89

Does this look like my flasher has injured his self? How he is swimming at the end of the video is how he seems to be swimming more,He’s normally whipping around all over the place and one of the first to eat how ever today he’s been hiding a little and swimming down in the corner still eating just not first to the top as he normally is, have noticed he’s tried jumping twice over last two evenings and hit the net each time

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qPXkyzgBe-8&feature=youtu.be

The Midas blenny is stressing him out. You can see the Midas trying to be pushy In the video and probably why he is jumping.

Midas blennies are typically aggressive towards other planktivors and similar sized fish in small tanks or even anything...they can turn quite territorial.

@Tamberav The wrasse has only been in there 3weeks this has died down a lot since first going in but that wrasse in particular is the only one he’s bothered the longest with, he hasn’t jumped since those two evenings and is swimming around a lot more again,

I’ve just brought another tank not large enough to house either long term but once it’s finished cycling maybe if I stuck the blenny in for a few weeks he might die down on being pushy when back in?

4 hours ago, Rosem89 said:

@Tamberav The wrasse has only been in there 3weeks this has died down a lot since first going in but that wrasse in particular is the only one he’s bothered the longest with, he hasn’t jumped since those two evenings and is swimming around a lot more again,

I’ve just brought another tank not large enough to house either long term but once it’s finished cycling maybe if I stuck the blenny in for a few weeks he might die down on being pushy when back in?

Probably not, every midas I have ever owned only got meaner with age in small tanks, especially with planktivores. I am 4/4 for them turning aggressive in nano's. In the larger tanks, they were mean but there was room for fish to void them.