Coral Vue Hydros

7 gallon Lifegard nano reef

Nano Reef Starter

Nano Reef Starter

Hi, I know there are tons of experienced people on this website and im a beginner to the saltwater reef hobby i have a lifegard nano 7gallon aquarium and i wanted to start a nano reef but got overwhelmed with all the different things that come with the saltwater hobby pumps,skimmers,dosing,wavemakers,reactors etc etc i want to start a nano reef and given my small tank i know there is very little room for error when it comes to what kind of corals etc i want to put into my tank, im a pretty experienced person when it comes to freshwater but i really want to move on to bigger things and need help setting up my nano reef any help is sppreciated thanks! my tank 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Nano Reef Starter said:

Hi, I know there are tons of experienced people on this website and im a beginner to the saltwater reef hobby i have a lifegard nano 7gallon aquarium and i wanted to start a nano reef but got overwhelmed with all the different things that come with the saltwater hobby pumps,skimmers,dosing,wavemakers,reactors etc etc i want to start a nano reef and given my small tank i know there is very little room for error when it comes to what kind of corals etc i want to put into my tank, im a pretty experienced person when it comes to freshwater but i really want to move on to bigger things and need help setting up my nano reef any help is sppreciated thanks! my tank 

Welcome to NR! 😊

Anyone here would be happy to help so ask away. 

:welcome: to Nano-Reef.com.  My first saltwater tank was a 7 gallon.  The shape of your tank is interesting.

6 hours ago, Nano Reef Starter said:

i wanted to start a nano reef but got overwhelmed with all the different things that come with the saltwater hobby pumps,skimmers,dosing,wavemakers,reactors etc etc

You can keep things pretty simple.  You might not be able to keep everything, but you can keep a reef without skimmers, reactors, and dosing.  You may need a powerhead.

I'm not sure about your LED lighting.  Do you have any specifications on it?

• Like 1