SaltCritters.com

Water changes

dling

I have been doing WC's weekly for years. Im leaving tomorrow out of state until the 29th. Not sure if I  need too ask wife to try do them . Is 20 daz to long to go without? 50g + 15g sump. I know she will not want to.Doing one today .

maybe lighten up on the feeding while you are gone. Can she at least change out filter media and protein skimmer while you are gone. Probably have a dirty tank when you get back but livestock should be ok.

• Like 1

Thanks. No filter media.  But she can do the skimmer. She can also do water changes, just dosen't want to.  I understand. Its my hobby. 

• Like 1

Dosing and WC's. I have four corcea clams. I can ask her to do dosing. It's easy. Leaving today for Texas 9th-29th.

So it;s her tank till I get back. She will also be gone for a week during my absents . The perfect storm .

Thats when the power will go out and no one here to hook up the generator. ;(

• Wow 1
Christopher Marks

It should be fine missing two weeks of water changes, especially with the age of the tank. Cut back on feeding and double check your top-off reservoir before you go. We can’t help but worry about our tanks when we’re away, but it will be fine! 

It’s probably too late before you leave, but a webcam pointed at the tank might bring some peace of mind in the future. 🙂