Coral Vue Hydros

Do these suck the dkh out of water?

nanoreeFan

nanoreeFan

If you use seachem Phossguard and seachem Matrix (carbon) in a nano tank, are any of these known to  absorb the dkh in the aquarium water?  Thanks 

No, neither one should lower alkalinity.

Are you just thinking about using them, or actually having an alkalinity issue while using them?

nanoreeFan

appreciate the reply seabass. yes a 1 gallon reef jar with low dkh issues, You helped direct me to my salt mix next. I found my reef crystals box with a consistent 3 dkh. Must have been a bad box. I did take the whole box dump it out and then mix it all up but no change so off the to dumpster it goes. Have a good weekend, 

• Wow 1

Using a brand new BRS Hanna Alk checker here, II assume good fresh stock. They stock their shelves from the back to front to ensure newest product for the customer. I have the hanna calibration kit on order for it to double check. But what I will call the bad or low box of salt consistently tested at that number and the new box consistently tested as advertised. So i'll stick with that so far.   A forum member had a problem like that with instant ocean and he said they had great customer service, He provided the reciept and they shipped out some new salt, free shipping too. I have my reciept but too busy to bother with the time involved for 20 bucks. Thanks for the reef salt link, i've never heard of it before, appreciate it.