Pod Your Reef

Cheeto’s luxury 5-star suite🦀👑

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

And yes I know that two may not get along in an aquarium of this size, but I was just gonna give it a try. I’m adding them into the tank at the same time, so that’s a start. If they don’t, I always have my main tank for one of the clown gobies.

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
Just now, pgrVII said:

Ethans dirtball tank😆

I actually like how it looks thank you very much😂. I’m just letting the algae grow wild, so I have an ample supply of food when I decide on what crab to get. I want bad crabs, but no one seems to have any😂

Just now, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I actually like how it looks thank you very much😂. I’m just letting the algae grow wild, so I have an ample supply of food when I decide on what crab to get. I want bad crabs, but no one seems to have any😂

Cool!

10 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Something tells me that was sarcasm😂

Nope. Not at all. I dont come to peoples pages to flame them. I value my time more than that,and its not constructive. I was genuinely interested in the tank.

• Like 2
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
25 minutes ago, pgrVII said:

Nope. Not at all. I dont come to peoples pages to flame them. I value my time more than that,and its not constructive. I was genuinely interested in the tank.

Oh ok, thank you. I mean it’s not everyday that someone makes a tank that looks as dirty as this😂

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I changed the aquascape of the tank, I made the front more open and I like it better than what it was. It has kinda like two trenches leading off to the left and right. 

479284A8-B883-4A9D-A698-138F4F51BDF5.jpeg

5007A409-79EA-4CEE-B01F-67C738AF3C4B.jpeg

150F335C-1825-431D-AFB5-6C2BEF358921.jpeg

1E227590-C8E3-43CF-83BA-9D39CCF334AB.jpeg

A17436C2-B0F4-46CA-A364-90FBFCE405EC.jpeg

6459BA81-072A-4B46-B4E5-8EA3BBF3ED26.jpeg

79566C21-0531-4683-8CA8-6E0D008F36CA.jpeg

9CD18533-2AAD-41AC-960D-292E3C8875D7.jpeg

• Like 1

Grow back macro 🙏  Save ethan from the hair algae!

You should toss some pest caulperla macros in there and let it get all jungle 

• Like 2

Tagging along. I’m also setting up a pest/nuisance tank. Getting baddies is harder than expected though since everyone dips their corals to get rid of them first. 

Cant exactly order many pests online. Ya know?

Good luck!

• Like 2
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
13 hours ago, TatorTaco said:

Tagging along. I’m also setting up a pest/nuisance tank. Getting baddies is harder than expected though since everyone dips their corals to get rid of them first. 

Cant exactly order many pests online. Ya know?

Good luck!

I know exactly how you feel. It’s so annoying. Anytime I order something online, I ask them if they possibly have any hitchhikers to throw in. It’s always worth a shot.

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
22 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Grow back macro 🙏  Save ethan from the hair algae!

You should toss some pest caulperla macros in there and let it get all jungle 

I went to a petco a while back and they had these huge basketball sized jungles of Caulerpa for sale. Might go back and ask if they could tear some off and I could buy it for the tank. I don’t have  super strong light, but it should be enough for Macroalgae like Caulerpa. It’s a cheap 40 dollar light from my LFS. It’s made by aqueon. Led.

Ya it's probably fine I mean a 10 dollar par bulb from home Depot would grow it so I don't see why it wouldn't...it's growing gha just fine!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I went to a petco a while back and they had these huge basketball sized jungles of Caulerpa for sale. Might go back and ask if they could tear some off and I could buy it for the tank. I don’t have  super strong light, but it should be enough for Macroalgae like Caulerpa. It’s a cheap 40 dollar light from my LFS. It’s made by aqueon. Led.

Macro is pretty tolerant of lighting, I have some Codium and Gracilaria that has been growing in an unheated and unlit Coffee jar n my windowsill for a few months

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Ok, so I have an update. The two green clown gobies just came in. They are both the most adorable fish I have ever seen. I’ll try to get a picture of at least one, but they are scared of their own shadow. 

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
11 hours ago, TatorTaco said:

They’re precious. I hope that come around for you once they settle. 

I know me too, I’m gonna attempt to feed them tonight. How often should I feed these guys?

I also need some names for them

9 hours ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I know me too, I’m gonna attempt to feed them tonight. How often should I feed these guys?

I also need some names for them

I feed my firecracker Goby daily (except on weekends) . So I'd do once or twice daily.

What sort of names do you like? 

Gacy and Pennywise lol

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Next week, I’m leaving for a diving camp in North Carolina, how should I keep stuff fed? I might be able to get my girlfriend to come over here and feed them for me

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Ok, so I tried to target feed the little guys frozen brine shrimp, and they were so scared of the thing that they kept running away and weren’t interested. So I put some frozen brine shrimp in the water stream and it’s floating around in the water stream, hopefully if I let them be, they’ll see it and hopefully go after the brine shrimp

NaturallyKait

I feed our YCG small amounts twice a day, I could probably do once but I’m a sucker haha. He really likes the Hikari mysis that’s in the little cubes, it’s really tiny. I just let my son squirt it into the water column and he chases it down and eats, although he’s not scared of the pipette anymore either so I could probably target feed him now. At first he was really skittish and hid when he saw it. 

• Like 2

Are these in a QT? 

I find it easier if you get them taking live foods. (BBS, Copepods and Rotifiers) from a pipette, they will eventually recognise this as food tube. Then when I add frozen (rarely now) I use the pipette to push it down and break it up. The fish sees the pipette and starts ripping into it. (When I havent added too much Xantham Gum) or defrost it and deliver by pipette.

Downside to this is if I am target feeding corals then benny thinks it's his food too.....