Top Shelf Aquatics

Cheeto’s luxury 5-star suite🦀👑

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

He just hides almost all the time, I’m home now, so I’ll try to get a picture of him, but I don’t want to stress him out even more

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Also, my order of Caulerpa toxiafia just came in today. I only ordered one frag for my main tank, but the order came with about 5 different pieces. So I put a few into this tank to let it grow.

And I was planning on going filter-less with this tank, but I decided to go ahead and buy a filter. 

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I also did put those extra zoas into this tank. I accidentally got a little glue on them, so they have not been happy so far. I saw them open a little while ago today, but they are closed now

174815CD-0147-4BA7-939B-5AF5DDED7E62.jpeg

36F4DBE2-350F-4943-96D7-C7A05DE85D2A.jpeg

0BB127A5-EF94-455E-923D-44BFA15159F3.jpeg

C5AEE25B-F1C5-42B5-B9CD-3C89E952B53B.jpeg

8C556D3C-295E-4626-BFC1-9BBE54374F32.jpeg

• Like 2
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

AMAZING NEWS!!!

I was able to get the little guy to go after and eat both frozen brine shrimp and flakes!!!

And he ate quite a bit too

• Like 3
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Also, I decided that I’m keeping the hermit in the tank. I realized that the hermit did not kill the gcg, I’m betting that it was bc he wasn’t eating, and then when he died, the hermit went after him. Bc the hermit is leaving this gcg completely alone.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I’ve tried flake, no luck. How would I hatch baby brine shrimp? Even if I ordered something online, would it even make it here in time?

There's lots of info on how to hatch it...mostly just need a air stone and a bottle

1 hour ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

AMAZING NEWS!!!

I was able to get the little guy to go after and eat both frozen brine shrimp and flakes!!!

And he ate quite a bit too

Oh that's good news.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I also did put those extra zoas into this tank. I accidentally got a little glue on them, so they have not been happy so far. I saw them open a little while ago today, but they are closed now

174815CD-0147-4BA7-939B-5AF5DDED7E62.jpeg

36F4DBE2-350F-4943-96D7-C7A05DE85D2A.jpeg

0BB127A5-EF94-455E-923D-44BFA15159F3.jpeg

C5AEE25B-F1C5-42B5-B9CD-3C89E952B53B.jpeg

8C556D3C-295E-4626-BFC1-9BBE54374F32.jpeg

Macro is basically what I'm using in my 2.5g. it is working well.

• Like 2
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
9 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Macro is basically what I'm using in my 2.5g. it is working well.

Also tamberav, is the macro still alive in my 29 gallon? The leaves are a little see through 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Also tamberav, is the macro still alive in my 29 gallon? The leaves are a little see through 

The leaves of mine die off after shipping but it grows back 

• Like 2
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

The rastas finally decided to open up a bit more. They don’t get the best coloration under this light, but at least they are doing ok.

86C0838F-EDFD-4D84-82DC-DBBB248D8758.jpeg

• Like 1

I've always liked the idea of having a pest tank, they aren't the prettiest, but there are lots of interesting and cool creatures in them.  Nice tank, keep it up!

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
1 minute ago, WuzzoFish said:

I've always liked the idea of having a pest tank, they aren't the prettiest, but there are lots of interesting and cool creatures in them.  Nice tank, keep it up!

Thank you😁

I've been taking a break from reefing, but I still have my 2 tanks and feed them, I'm wanting to get back into stuff like buying new corals and a buddy for my clownfish.

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
2 hours ago, WuzzoFish said:

I've been taking a break from reefing, but I still have my 2 tanks and feed them, I'm wanting to get back into stuff like buying new corals and a buddy for my clownfish.

What do you have right now?

Well the 10 gallon kind've crashed, the light broke, and I couldn't get one in time.  Almost all the coral died, whats left is a half dead frogspawn, GSP, a leather coral 2 RFAs, some Zoas, and a Clownfish.  The Evo is doing well, I just realised I don't have a thread on that, I need to get on it. I have:

Corals:

12 RFAs and a baby that hatched a bit ago.  (Man I love those things!)

3 Tyree Toxic Green Montis, and a Christmas Montipora.

2 Blastos.  (A purple and a red.)

A Toadstool.

Lots of Zoas.  (Rastas, Mowhaks, Sunny D's, Whammin Watermelon's, Scrambled Eggs, What I think are Alien Eyes, Green Dragon Eyes, Odd Wildish Zoos, And some not feeling so well Nirvanas.)

Green Goniopora.

Green Goblin Acro. (Algae got all over it and part of it bleached)

A tiny bit of GSP.

2 Acans

Hammer Coral.

And some other stuff I forgot the name of  😐

Fish: Ocellaris Clownfish (I'm thinking about another one or a Firefish, Or some other small fish.)

Other cool stuff:

Zebra Turbo Snail

Fighting Conch

I have lots of corals, I love them!

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Well the 10 gallon kind've crashed, the light broke, and I couldn't get one in time.  Almost all the coral died, whats left is a half dead frogspawn, GSP, a leather coral 2 RFAs, some Zoas, and a Clownfish.  The Evo is doing well, I just realised I don't have a thread on that, I need to get on it. I have:

Corals:

12 RFAs and a baby that hatched a bit ago.  (Man I love those things!)

3 Tyree Toxic Green Montis, and a Christmas Montipora.

2 Blastos.  (A purple and a red.)

A Toadstool.

Lots of Zoas.  (Rastas, Mowhaks, Sunny D's, Whammin Watermelon's, Scrambled Eggs, What I think are Alien Eyes, Green Dragon Eyes, Odd Wildish Zoos, And some not feeling so well Nirvanas.)

Green Goniopora.

Green Goblin Acro. (Algae got all over it and part of it bleached)

A tiny bit of GSP.

2 Acans

Hammer Coral.

And some other stuff I forgot the name of  😐

Fish: Ocellaris Clownfish (I'm thinking about another one or a Firefish, Or some other small fish.)

Other cool stuff:

Zebra Turbo Snail

Fighting Conch

I have lots of corals, I love them!

Sorry to hear about the 10 gallon. I really want to get some rfas, if yours ever multiply again, pm me😁. Sounds like your evo is doing pretty good. How’s the hammer? I’ve had troubles with hammers. 

28 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Sorry to hear about the 10 gallon. I really want to get some rfas, if yours ever multiply again, pm me😁. Sounds like your evo is doing pretty good. How’s the hammer? I’ve had troubles with hammers. 

I've never really had trouble with them, it is doing really good!  The thing is, this one is really aggressive!!!  So I have to leave him in a corner.  Luckily he is still just a smaller frag so I can put it there.  The 10 gallon has a couple stuff like I said, so I need to find a budget light, because I don't have a big budget.

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
1 hour ago, WuzzoFish said:

I've never really had trouble with them, it is doing really good!  The thing is, this one is really aggressive!!!  So I have to leave him in a corner.  Luckily he is still just a smaller frag so I can put it there.  The 10 gallon has a couple stuff like I said, so I need to find a budget light, because I don't have a big budget.

Look for the Chinese black boxes on amazon. They will suffice for now. What’s your budget?

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

My budget is about 100 dollars.

Very low budget, I've already spent it on coral and other equipment XD

I’m actually using a viperspectra led 160w light on my 29 gallon tank, and I love the light. It’s great. It may be a little too big for a 10 gallon, but I don’t know for sure. 

Look for the cheap Chinese black boxes they are good if you are on a budget. You can get one for like 60 bucks