SaltCritters.com

Just ordered a new fish for my Evo πŸ πŸŸπŸ πŸŽπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ(they sent me the wrong fish)

Mike P

So they finally stocked some more yellow banded possum wrasse on LiveaquariaΒ and I went ahead and decided this should be the next fish for me. He/she hopefully will arrive this Friday so now I’m anxiously waiting. His tank mate will be my citrinis clown goby who also came from Liveaquaria last year. I have a Pom Pom crab in the tank so I’m not sure how that will work out but from what I’ve read, the wrasse should leave it alone. I really hope this fish does well in my tank and gets along with my goby.

A590BBF3-4BF1-41A0-9810-8BB2F34920C3.thumb.png.8cf288fadc37974f5b1f738fbf5cd879.png

• Like 4

Now I’m concerned about my fish, UPS said I wasn’t home to deliver and I have been waiting here and even tracked the package but they never showed up. They Rescheduled delivery for Monday and of course that does not work for a live fish. Now I’m waiting on them to call me back because they are sending it to a hold center for me to pick up which is half an hour away. Freaking idiots

• Wow 1

Talked to UPSΒ a 5th time and they told me the package would be there at the hold center at 8pm. I told them this is a live animal and they finally contacted the driver who now will be coming back by 1:30 pm to my home. Let’s hope this is the last of there mistakes and my new fish is doing well. Will update latter, it’s been a bad experience dealing with UPS today

• Like 2

It’s finally here and I have him/her acclimating using the drip method. It’s really small and looks a lot different then the picture they use on live aquaria. So far it looks free of anything bad and appears to be healthy. 🀞

Β 

176190A1-5EB3-4A8F-8309-505E5117D73E.thumb.jpeg.51bfb7e301c5628b180cd39f38891183.jpeg

• Haha 1
ReeferWade

Glad to hear it showed up and is doing well. A lot of fish lose their color/pattern when stressed so give it time and it may look like the pic again.Β 

So I emailed live aquaria with this photo and they said they sent me the incorrect specimen and will refund my my purchase. Anyone know what kind of wrasse this is? I’m thinking pink streaked wrasse but I don’t know. Hopefully whatever it is it’s reef safe and will do good in my evo. What a day this has been

C27F4846-4F69-413E-9BEF-B95CE4BEB0FF.thumb.jpeg.e84090bc01478230101d9714d84a461a.jpeg

• Like 1

He's cute even though he's the wrong fish (don't tell him that)!Β 

Β 

Sorry about UPS, I don't think your shitty customer service from them is case by case. Large companies these days are doing horrible on customer service. Tight labor market means you bring on anyone including idiots that don't deliver a package that says "LIVING/Perishible" on the box.Β 

Β 

What a dumb ass. Anyway glad you got good service from Live Aquaria!Β 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, OverCookedRock said:

He's cute even though he's the wrong fish (don't tell him that)!Β 

Β 

Sorry about UPS, I don't think your shitty customer service from them is case by case. Large companies these days are doing horrible on customer service. Tight labor market means you bring on anyone including idiots that don't deliver a package that says "LIVING/Perishible" on the box.Β 

Β 

What a dumb ass. Anyway glad you got good service from Live Aquaria!Β 

I really like the way he looks but now I need to figure out what kind of wrasse it is

• Like 1
Snow_Phoenix
30 minutes ago, Mike P said:

I really like the way he looks but now I need to figure out what kind of wrasse it is

It is a pink streaked wrasse. I have one and she looks exactly like that.Β 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

It is a pink streaked wrasse. I have one and she looks exactly like that.Β 

Well I guess it all worked out for me 😁. That’s what I originally wanted but they are always sold out. Do you think it will do fine in the evo with a citrinis clown goby? One of the reasons I picked the yellow banded is because it said 10g minimum tank size.

Snow_Phoenix
45 minutes ago, Mike P said:

Well I guess it all worked out for me 😁. That’s what I originally wanted but they are always sold out. Do you think it will do fine in the evo with a citrinis clown goby? One of the reasons I picked the yellow banded is because it said 10g minimum tank size.

It should be fine. 😊

Here are some more pictures of the fish. I’m trying to figure out if it has cloudy eyes or am I just seeing light reflection. Both eyes have a white shine but it’s hard to tell since he moves so fast57A23AE7-6377-4F71-A2A4-E7B9EB911473.thumb.jpeg.579277ab4cf7215e58d9fa386ba5674b.jpegDD86ABD8-92A6-4D31-A123-5B2086F6DF78.thumb.jpeg.c1646e687db2d2b4dae70f6b2997e1e3.jpeg

• Like 3

Some wrasses have that weird shine reflection thing on there eyes some gobies too. IsΒ ItΒ that whitefishΒ blueish greenish almost iridescent ness that shows depending on the light and how the fishes eye catches it?

Sucks they sent the wrong fish, but definitely seems to have worked out in the end.Β  πŸ™‚Β Β 

Β 

I may place an order with them soon.Β  I've been hearing good things about the health of the fish from there.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, LazyFish said:

Some wrasses have that weird shine reflection thing on there eyes some gobies too. IsΒ ItΒ that whitefishΒ blueish greenish almost iridescent ness that shows depending on the light and how the fishes eye catches it?

I think it is shine from the led’s. I used tiny flash light to check and the eyes appeared to be okay. I am definitely going to keep an eye on this new little guy to make sure he’s health and adjusting well to my tank.Β 

10 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Sucks they sent the wrong fish, but definitely seems to have worked out in the end.Β  πŸ™‚Β Β 

Β 

I may place an order with them soon.Β  I've been hearing good things about the health of the fish from there.

Yeah it’s funny because I was originally going to order the pink streaked wrasse but it sold out quick so I decided to go with the yellow banded wrasse that same day (Wednesday) and I guess they mixed the fishes, the bag was even labeled yellow banded wrasse. It was a crazy Friday dealing with UPS and finding out I didn’t get what I ordered but I’m happy now.Β 

• Like 1
timeconsumer

Man, I've been trying to get a pink streaked wrasse for weeks. My LFS can't get them in and LiveAquaria has them constantly listed as out of stock.....so jealous.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, timeconsumer said:

Man, I've been trying to get a pink streaked wrasse for weeks. My LFS can't get them in and LiveAquaria has them constantly listed as out of stock.....so jealous.

Yeah I got lucky they messed up my order

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Their eyes do look luminous under certain lighting. Mine certainly does, and she's healthy so far. Hope you get your new (and correct!) fish next week! πŸ™‚Β 

They’re not sending me a new fish but gave me a refund and I get to keep the one I received. So I just paid for shipping and got a free fish in the end😎. It worked into a great deal. One eye does appear to be a bit cloudy now that I’m seeing it in the day time. I will have to monitor and possible medicate it’s food.

• Like 2