Top Shelf Aquatics

2 hours ago, WindyCityReefer. said:

Looking forward to more photos! I also agree that damsels are underrated. How big is yours?

Photos delivered 😉 

Mmmm I don't know probably about maxed sized 2.5" or so. Such great color out of a little fish! 

17 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Four line is indeed a pretty fish, hows the forgotten damsel?

Happy and unforgotten 🙂 

Great pics! Bold fish selection too, I like it. I’m interested to see how they all get along, I think all but the flame angel are known to have an attitude. You planning on adding any more? I think a splash of yellow would complement everything nicely, maybe a yellow watchman goby or midas blenny. 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, M&C said:

Great pics! Bold fish selection too, I like it. I’m interested to see how they all get along, I think all but the flame angel are known to have an attitude. You planning on adding any more? I think a nice splash of yellow would complement everything nicely, maybe a yellow watchman goby or midas blenny. 

You mean like this guy 😉 

Roomies.thumb.jpg.2f7d3ce9526dc7c6593433c6fb9330f0.jpg

You can see them photo bombing bottom left 😄 

P1010405.thumb.jpg.be09a5c2afa713fcdbc046bbb65ed8fe.jpg

And yes the tank is full of "Richards" at the moment no aggression whatsoever. They all get along great and I feed pretty regularly too. They all have their territory and respected space. As the Maroons are already paired and basically mated I do not see them becoming any more aggressive either (except to my hand...ouch) 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
8 hours ago, Matteo said:

You mean like this guy 😉 

Roomies.thumb.jpg.2f7d3ce9526dc7c6593433c6fb9330f0.jpg

You can see them photo bombing bottom left 😄 

P1010405.thumb.jpg.be09a5c2afa713fcdbc046bbb65ed8fe.jpg

And yes the tank is full of "Richards" at the moment no aggression whatsoever. They all get along great and I feed pretty regularly too. They all have their territory and respected space. As the Maroons are already paired and basically mated I do not see them becoming any more aggressive either (except to my hand...ouch) 

Doh! Guess I should have looked More closely. I feel your pain on the clown nibbles too, one of mine drew blood last week when I was changing water. Don’t they know who feeds them?? 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, M&C said:

Doh! Guess I should have looked More closely. I feel your pain on the clown nibbles too, one of mine drew blood last week when I was changing water. Don’t they know who feeds them?? 

They do but they don't give a shit

• Haha 2

Would you guys believe me if I told you I never test my water? 

I have 0 clue what my params are except for salinity and temp.

Everything looks good though 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Poodges said:

Looking great.  I rarely test either besides salinity check and temp.  The tank will tell you if there is an issue.  Love your setup.  

Thank you 😊

Exactly! I feel like after 10 years of reefing I can really read the signs and diagnose pretty quick. 

I mean realistically if you are routine driven like me your tank should never have an issue. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, teenyreef said:

Congrats! Just saw the latest FTS, it looks fantastic!

Thanks! Yes the final sticks really topped it off. Going to add a high-end ground piece soon but the rest is here to grow in. 

• Like 2

Should I give it a full send and snag a second Nero 5?

Looking at @teenyreef IM40 (inspiration) I notice the dual mp10s and figured my tank could greatly benefit from the cross flow and basically eliminate all dead spots.

Just not sure if I want to drop that kind of coin over a nice coral. 

Granted I can always grab the coral later... 

• Like 1

In the long run you'll be glad for the second circulation pump. I have a Rossmont M1500 in the back corner in addition to the two MP-10's, and I've thought about upgrading one of the MP-10's to an MP-40 :eek:

Or maybe I could just get rid of the frag racks, which would improve the circulation by about the same amount and cost a lot less...

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

In the long run you'll be glad for the second circulation pump. I have a Rossmont M1500 in the back corner in addition to the two MP-10's, and I've thought about upgrading one of the MP-10's to an MP-40 :eek:

Or maybe I could just get rid of the frag racks, which would improve the circulation by about the same amount and cost a lot less...

That's what I feel like. No regrets sort of thing once added. Asking LFS if my rewards program can go towards and order one since they're $225 now 

• Like 1

Awesome feeding video. That damsel adds nice contrast. My favorite fish in my old tank was a simple blue damsel. Such a pretty and active fish. 

Id say you'd only benefit the tank if you added another nero. Can always keep it dialed down a bit for now. Once those sps start growing more they'd appreciate the extra flow. Right now I don’t have a lot of coral in my new build but I have two neros set up anti synch. They kick up everything when I turn them back on after feeding. Love these pumps

• Like 1