Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

9 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Ahhh the crispness of T5 🤤 

Right? From loving LEDs to this I was missing out over the years. 

Im still gonna add some leds but not dominatly. 

• Wow 3
SaltyTanks
On 6/29/2020 at 8:16 PM, Matteo said:

3 Blue + 1 Coral + (ReefBreeder Lumen 14k Bar in route)

P1020162.thumb.jpg.89384b2dc16d23e3850a5bb054f2e711.jpg

FTS: 06/29/2020

P1020149.thumb.jpg.e2cf30869c3e078c6f43c3b4c39c8a78.jpg

New lights/colors looking really nice! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, SaltyTanks said:

New lights/colors looking really nice! 

Thank you sir!

My RB comes in today! I feel like a kid on Christmas waiting! My wife doesn't share the same excitement for some reason 🤔🙄

Capture.PNG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
SaltyTanks
59 minutes ago, Matteo said:

Thank you sir!

My RB comes in today! I feel like a kid on Christmas waiting! My wife doesn't share the same excitement for some reason 🤔🙄

Capture.PNG

I hear ya’.  My wife has had me on lockdown before lockdown was even a thing. Trying to convince myself all these Independence Day sales I’m browsing through are just fake news. Fortunately, I can live out my coral dreams vicariously through you:) 

• Haha 4
Elizabeth94

Im glad you are liking the T5s! I have had a few ATI only tanks. Ill admit though I missed the led shimmer. Having that led bar probably fixes that well enough! 

As always, you are killing it with this tank. Love it! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Im glad you are liking the T5s! I have had a few ATI only tanks. Ill admit though I missed the led shimmer. Having that led bar probably fixes that well enough! 

As always, you are killing it with this tank. Love it! 

I'll get pics with the light bar for sure today! 

So the RB was a major disappointment. 

Way too pink way too narrow of optics. Pretty disappointed 😞 will be returning 

• Sad 2

Ugh, they're probably going hit me with a restocking fee and such. After shipping and restocking fee this may be a total bust a waste. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Matteo said:

So the RB was a major disappointment. 

Way too pink way too narrow of optics. Pretty disappointed 😞 will be returning 

That sucks, I was wondering how the 14k would look. I read a ton of reviews that people didn't care for the optics, but my spread seems great. I wonder if they used different optics for the new bar or maybe the way I have them both angled 🤷🏽‍♂️. Now I want to turn my RB bars on to look lol.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, 5*Chris said:

That sucks, I was wondering how the 14k would look. I read a ton of reviews that people didn't care for the optics, but my spread seems great. I wonder if they used different optics for the new bar or maybe the way I have them both angled 🤷🏽‍♂️. Now I want to turn my RB bars on to look lol.

Yeah idk. I am going to have to pay shipping for sure. We will see what they say on their restocking fee....

Just ordered 2x 24in Current USA True Lumen Pro 453nm Strips. They are 16watts each and orginally I wanted a smidge more blue pop so these will do. They are slim and easy to mount and I also bought dimmers for each one to get the perfect color temp in the whole tank. These should do nicely. 

• Like 3

New coral + bulb and leds come in Wednesday! Pretty stoked. Should be exactly what I'm looking for besides the t5... I simply broke mine... 

Also added this big boy. About the size of my hand open. 

Talk about a center piece 

• Like 6
Cencalfishguy56
On 7/6/2020 at 7:18 PM, Matteo said:

New coral + bulb and leds come in Wednesday! Pretty stoked. Should be exactly what I'm looking for besides the t5... I simply broke mine... 

Also added this big boy. About the size of my hand open. 

Talk about a center piece 

Haha big boy is hungry! Feed that guy! Lol

• Like 2

So LEDS come in tomorrow and my Coral + comes in today. 

I broke my last coral + on accident so been stuck with blue + only for like a week and it's driving me nuts. Too blue, the 3/1 combo was perfect. 

For the 2x Current USA TrueLumen Pros 453nm I ordered the following:

1 x 24v 60watt PSU

2 x 12-24v DC Dimmers (I want to be able to individually control each strip for perfect color balance)

1 x DC Splitter

1 x DC Ramp Up/Down Timer for Sunrise/Sunset affect

When said and done the LEDS will come on first and last with a ramp up and ramp down affect, the first channel Coral + and Blue + will come on after, followed by the remaining two Blue + to come on for "peak hours". 

All said and done three individual timers which is a little annoying but totally worth it. 96watts of T5HO + 32watts of LEDs this will be a nice light build! 

• Like 5
Cencalfishguy56
2 hours ago, Matteo said:

So LEDS come in tomorrow and my Coral + comes in today. 

I broke my last coral + on accident so been stuck with blue + only for like a week and it's driving me nuts. Too blue, the 3/1 combo was perfect. 

For the 2x Current USA TrueLumen Pros 453nm I ordered the following:

1 x 24v 60watt PSU

2 x 12-24v DC Dimmers (I want to be able to individually control each strip for perfect color balance)

1 x DC Splitter

1 x DC Ramp Up/Down Timer for Sunrise/Sunset affect

When said and done the LEDS will come on first and last with a ramp up and ramp down affect, the first channel Coral + and Blue + will come on after, followed by the remaining two Blue + to come on for "peak hours". 

All said and done three individual timers which is a little annoying but totally worth it. 96watts of T5HO + 32watts of LEDs this will be a nice light build! 

Excited to see how the true lumens work out for you. Was debating a couple of the light bars over my tank with dimmers in the past. The added shimmer is gonna top this bad boy off nicely.

• Like 2

Should've got a Lumenbar instead man lol. Are you looking for looks or performance of the  TruLumens ? 

Edit: I'm sure for the price of the trulumens,a lumenbar would've been justifiable 10x over. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Should've got a Lumenbar instead man lol. Are you looking for looks or performance of the  TruLumens ? 

Edit: I'm sure for the price of the trulumens,a lumenbar would've been justifiable 10x over. 

Which Lumen Bar? Reefbreeders? Go back and read a few post tehe 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
5 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

I bought one. Hated it immensely. The Lumen pros are 16watts and the RBs are 24watt. I don't need much power, just a little bit for pop and aesthetic as mentioned above. 

• Like 3

What because of the optics ?! Pop those things off lmao. People on R2R love them,especially the RB/UV mix. 

That sucks you didn't like them. I always wanted a T5/LumenBar hybrid. 2x B+,C+,Actinic and 2 RB/UV's. Seems like a perfect combo to me. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

What because of the optics ?! Pop those things off lmao. People on R2R love them,especially the RB/UV mix. 

That sucks you didn't like them. I always wanted a T5/LumenBar hybrid. 2x B+,C+,Actinic and 2 RB/UV's. Seems like a perfect combo to me. 

Yeah I can see how the optics might not work for some. I didn't realize they were so narrow, but for me they actually work perfectly. At the angle I have them, I have zero light spill outside of tank but they intersect a couple inches above my screen top, so I get great spread. And I agree, the blue/uv bars are awesome.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

As soon as I pop optics off it's just any other led strip. Also it was a little bulky looking on the T5. I have heard good things about the RB/UV mix but when emailing the customer support what I wanted and what I disliked they had 0 and I mean 0 recommendations for me for another of their products. 

They said the RB/UV has better optics so right then and there I was wondering why are the optics different on the lights? They are not mentioned anywhere on the site in terms of degrees or anywhere really....

The 14k was REALLY pink and I mean pink. the farthest from 14k I have ever seen. I also fear only 1 bar will still cause not enough coverage even though it's only a 16" depth tank...

I showed some other reefers and they agreed. The TrueLumens by CurrentUSA are going to be great. I have had their Loop system before and strips in the past and I always liked the color they produced. 

Sure they are not cree or luxeon, or semi but soooooo man freshwater setups and amazon lights and other lights are SMD led which I couldn't care less.  

At the end of the day I spent about $130 (same price as lumenbar) for all that I ordered. But it will be two strips, dimmable, and ramp controllable, along with having a much lower profile for aesthetic and the perfect amount of blue pop for the corals. The t5s alone are great. I just need a smidge of shimmer and stuff 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, 5*Chris said:

Yeah I can see how the optics might not work for some. I didn't realize they were so narrow, but for me they actually work perfectly. At the angle I have them, I have zero light spill outside of tank but they intersect a couple inches above my screen top, so I get great spread. And I agree, the blue/uv bars are awesome.

My tank is only like 19" high and 16in wide. even with the t5 like 10" above the water I still couldn't get the right coverage... I swear they are using 60 degrees or something trying to copy Orphek. 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Matteo said:

My tank is only like 19" high and 16in wide. even with the t5 like 10" above the water I still couldn't get the right coverage... I swear they are using 60 degrees or something trying to copy Orphek. 

Even the optics on the blue/uv bar are narrow, I didn't realize it until you pointed it out. I have my diy bar(no optics) in the middle and it covers the whole tank. The Lumenbars are like laser beams, I'm just happy in my setup they work out. 

• Like 4