32 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Looks ready for TOTM grow-out. Now just don’t F it up the next 12 months. 😄

Mad appreciate that compliment. 

At the same time now you have me sweating looking at my tank 👀

"just don't F up" 

I'll try 😭

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, spectra said:

Clean up that sand......................algae in the sand..................:whoa:

need to work on those photo skills to....................:tongueout:

Psh. What algae...👀

🙄

• Wow 1
4 hours ago, Matteo said:

@pgrVII's MP10 came in!

Threw it on the opposite end of the Nero slightly adjacent to it. 

Running it on constant at around 45%. Not noticing a whole lot now but did notice some debri getting kicked up in the beginning which was the goal. 

BTA looks like it's reacting well, it opened up a bit more it seems. Might have to move coral soon as it's getting very big 👀

Gold Torch Coral looks like it maybe splitting soon. It's looking a little wider and the polyps are not as out as they used to be. Looks totally healthy and fine though. 

The sps are the real ones who will benefit from the Mp10. Should see great results from them. My Rainbow PC Acro is encrusting like crazy.

Glad to hook it up brother! Enjoy! Thats an original Gena unit.🤙

• Like 2

This was a quick touch-up for brightness and to tame the blue a bit lol...
I imagine the tank looks a little like this, the reds are crushed a little and the greens a touch washed out in highlights, but I didn't feel like spending too long just to play-around a bit haha. (And apparently exporting the image back into a jpeg caused the data-loss to wash things out a bit, bummer)
P1010499.jpg.a28ac31cf4ad041fc8c5e82e2c62b7b6.thumb.jpg.a9e263e5b868a25d9cb420ae8d252b7f.jpg

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, spectra said:

um whats in the sand at the glass..................have to clean that up..............:wink:

Yo what happens under the sand bed stays under the sand bed. 

The right side of my tank is like a 4-5in sand bed. Not gonna scrub that 😛

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

For real tho, the photos could really be brighter. :tongueout:

25 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

This was a quick touch-up for brightness and to tame the blue a bit lol...
I imagine the tank looks a little like this, the reds are crushed a little and the greens a touch washed out in highlights, but I didn't feel like spending too long just to play-around a bit haha. (And apparently exporting the image back into a jpeg caused the data-loss to wash things out a bit, bummer)
P1010499.jpg.a28ac31cf4ad041fc8c5e82e2c62b7b6.thumb.jpg.a9e263e5b868a25d9cb420ae8d252b7f.jpg

Nope. Nope. And nope. 

Sorry... but... 

This photo doesn't represent what it looks like in real life. 

Honestly the recent photos posted represent pretty accurately what it looks like to the naked eye. 

I've been doing photography for a little while now. If you check out my Instagram all my nature photos are to mimic what it looked like to the naked eye at and in that moment. 

I agree that my editing touch tends to lean on the darker side but that's my style. It's too easy to wash colors out with brightness. 

Like I said, photos represent what it looks like IRL. Colors and all. 

I don't do what coral sites do and up everything. I want the most accurate picture. 

Just sayin 🤷‍♂️

Maybe your brightness is low... 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Matteo said:

Nope. Nope. And nope. 

Sorry... but... 

Honestly the recent photos posted represent pretty accurately what it looks like to the naked eye. 

I've been doing photography for a little while now. If you check out my Instagram all my nature photos are to mimic what it looked like to the naked at in that moment. 

I agree that my editing touch tends to lean on the darker side but that's my style. It's too easy to wash colors out with brightness. 

I don't do what coral sites do and up everything. I want the most accurate picture. 

Just sayin 🤷‍♂️

I don’t have any issue with the color balance. I think it’s quite “true” to naked eyes but I also have the benefit of seeing my corals under nanobox too.  I just wish the whole image is a bit brighter (turning my phone screen brightness all the way up helps a bit 😅).  your style is your style, I don’t judge. I like them the way they are too.  That was just my two cents on the photos, since @spectra started it as a joke, I figured I put in some tactual thoughts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Matteo said:

Nope. Nope. And nope. 

Sorry... but... 

I've been doing photography for a little while now. If you check out my Instagram all my nature photos are to mimic what it looked like to the naked eye at and in that moment. 

Just sayin 🤷‍♂️

Eh, monitor is calibrated first to Lagom.net and then to the newer 2.24-based film standards, didn't mean to offend lol - all I did was around 25% brightness 10% or so contrast to compensate, small white-balance shift, and then manual hue/color-correction mostly to recover greens - tone down blues - and to try to get rid of the red-blowout on the bottom-left zoas. Just a 5-min quickie, always fun to play around with great looking tanks ^^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, mitten_reef said:

I don’t have any issue with the color balance. I think it’s quite “true” to naked eyes but I also have the benefit of seeing my corals under nanobox too.  I just wish the whole image is a bit brighter (turning my phone screen brightness all the way up helps a bit 😅).  your style is your style, I don’t judge. I like them the way they are too.  That was just my two cents on the photos, since @spectra started it as a joke, I figured I put in some tactual thoughts. 

Haha no worries. Next fts I'll play with some settings and see what I can do. 

At the end of the day nothing is perfect for the fans is it? 😘

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Amphrites said:

Eh, monitor is calibrated first to Lacomm.net and then to the newer 2.24 film standard, didn't mean to offend lol - all I did was around 25% brightness 10% or so contrast to compensate, small white-balance shift, and then manual hue/color-correction mostly to recover greens - tone down blues - and to try to get rid of the red-blowout on the bottom-left zoas. Just a 5-min quickie, always fun to play around with great looking tanks ^^

No worries no offense. I used to use light room but Adobe is too expensive for how little I truly do photography. I use pixlr.com it's free and does a pretty great job honestly! 

I'm able to keep the 4k integrity with it. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Don't get me started on @spectra@spectra's photos 😘

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, Matteo said:

No worries no offense. I used to use light room but Adobe is too expensive for how little I truly do photography. I use pixlr.com it's free and does a pretty great job honestly! 

I'm able to keep the 4k integrity with it. 

Lol, I'm too stubborn to switch from Gimp unless I need another custom freeware, been using it since highschool. Just gotta' know which operations to stay away from for being lossy or just iffy, can swap out most of the others for user/tailor-made.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Amphrites said:

Lol, I'm too stubborn to switch from Gimp unless I need another custom freeware, been using it since highschool. Just gotta' know which operations to stay away from for being lossy or just iffy, can swap out most of the others for user/tailor-made.

How you like gimp, free you say? Low key never heard of it but there's a lot of things I've never heard of 😂

Free, consistently-updated and very customizable , I use it for texture-work and dabbling in graphic design all the time.
If you're familiar with Blender for rendering/modeling, it's like that but for photo-editing.

• Wow 1
14 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

Free, consistently-updated and very customizable , I use it for texture-work and dabbling in graphic design all the time.
If you're familiar with Blender for rendering/modeling, it's like that but for photo-editing.

Imma check it out... 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Matteo said:

Yo what happens under the sand bed stays under the sand bed. 

The right side of my tank is like a 4-5in sand bed. Not gonna scrub that 😛

Talking about the green under the sand at the glass..............get rid of that............

• Like 2
4 hours ago, spectra said:

Talking about the green under the sand at the glass..............get rid of that............

Ugh. Again, it's a deep sandbed... 

I'll see what I can do. 

On 12/17/2019 at 9:19 PM, Matteo said:

Easily the sexiest Lobo I have ever seen. Super stoked when I found it. 

This thing is gonna explode in color

P1010498.thumb.jpg.cf43d3c943d73955335a7b3086c49b03.jpg

Imma need to borrow that lobo. 😬 permanently...

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, Matteo said:

Ugh. Again, it's a deep sandbed... 

I'll see what I can do. 

You scrape the glass correct ? well take your finger and swipe the glass under the sand...……...easy peasy……….

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Poodges said:

Imma need to borrow that lobo. 😬 permanently...

When it gets bigger maybe I can send you a frag 😉

1 hour ago, spectra said:

You scrape the glass correct ? well take your finger and swipe the glass under the sand...……...easy peasy……….

😛

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 1