Jump to content
Matteo

Matteo's Nuvo 40 True Mixed Reef (New ATI Fixture New FTS)

Recommended Posts

Matteo

Got Torches? REALLY need a 4th one, preferable greenish gold ish I think 

 

Indo (possibly Dragon Soul) Gold Torch

 

P1020143.thumb.jpg.7e0ab24695ab93094df13863c4a39e83.jpg

 

Torch Collection! The aussie is a little shriveled in this pic... 

 

P1020128.thumb.jpg.d0f81ce18d441cae8d5d96f59b48ebd9.jpg

 

FTS: 6/26/2020

 

P1020124.thumb.jpg.0f5f46fe637201e984c467e77e39f4b6.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo

Evening FTS: 06/26/2020

 

P1020147.thumb.jpg.cb3f586aa84ae43dbbaf1166cbe14f9a.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo

Fed my harlequins with a leg of a Chocolate Chip Star and froze the rest. 

 

They took the chunk back to their lair 😳 pretty savage 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2

Share this post


Link to post
Elizabeth94

Your corals are looking real nice! Those lobos though. I may have to get one. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo

So uh....

 

I just sold the NanoBox Hybrid I was using and am now using a 24in T5 Quad ATI light with 3 Blue + and 1 Coral +

 

Since I sold the light and still want some LEDS of course I ordered this! So far loving the colors from the T5s only, wouldn't thought I did but @mitten_reef's tank looks fricken dope and its rocking an ATI so why not! Definitely surprised. Can't wait for the Lite to come in on the 6th! 

 

Stay tuned!

 

 

orderbrs.PNG

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo

OKAY SORRY!

 

Canceled that order and got me this instead! 

 

 

rborder.PNG

6 hours ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Your corals are looking real nice! Those lobos though. I may have to get one. 

Lobos are life

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Reefkid88

Heck yeah man. I want a 24" long tank so I can use some of Logan's new Lumen Bars !!! I want the rb/b/uv mix and the all uv mix sooo bad. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
spectra

should have just pulled the nanobox shit out and put it in you ATI...............problem solved.................

 

:slap:

  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo
25 minutes ago, spectra said:

should have just pulled the nanobox shit out and put it in you ATI...............problem solved.................

 

:slap:

Did you not read anything hahaha, I said I am loving the T5s :P 

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
7 minutes ago, Matteo said:

Did you not read anything hahaha, I said I am loving the T5s 😛

yes but your adding LEDs to it......................

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo
1 hour ago, spectra said:

yes but your adding LEDs to it......................

For supplemental light. Previous light was led dominant t5 supplement. 

The process of adding Nanobox arrays would be removing the center two bulb which I don't want to do. 

 

Simply just moving away from NB. They were great but I'm trying something different. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo

Across the country comes my new ReefBreeder Lumen Reefer 14k 24in Bar! 

 

Super stoked as I am really really liking the T5 lighting and color so this 24watt LED should add just the right amount of pop, brightness, and shimmer to finish off the tank! 

 

I will grab Pics of the tank with the T5s on later. They shipped Priority so should be here Thursday or Friday! If Friday that sucks cause I am out of town so I will have my complex hold it. 

shipping.PNG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo
14 hours ago, spectra said:

yes but your adding LEDs to it......................

oh and removing the two center t5s to replace with nanobox would basically just be the same fixture different body ;) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo
2 hours ago, Matteo said:

Across the country comes my new ReefBreeder Lumen Reefer 14k 24in Bar! 

 

Super stoked as I am really really liking the T5 lighting and color so this 24watt LED should add just the right amount of pop, brightness, and shimmer to finish off the tank! 

 

I will grab Pics of the tank with the T5s on later. They shipped Priority so should be here Thursday or Friday! If Friday that sucks cause I am out of town so I will have my complex hold it. 

shipping.PNG

Arriving Thursday! Woohoo! 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo

Loving the ATI fixture. Thursday the new LED bar will be in so there will also be a new FTS haha.

 

I think these are some of my best FTS pictures yet...

 

P1020156.thumb.jpg.265fd0fb864019c38435fe1bbcc33145.jpg

 

P1020164.thumb.jpg.9882ec38c964bf1590be1d05b7eb567c.jpg

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo

3 Blue + 1 Coral + (ReefBreeder Lumen 14k Bar in route)

 

P1020162.thumb.jpg.89384b2dc16d23e3850a5bb054f2e711.jpg

 

FTS: 06/29/2020

 

P1020149.thumb.jpg.e2cf30869c3e078c6f43c3b4c39c8a78.jpg

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
mitten_reef
19 minutes ago, Matteo said:

3 Blue + 1 Coral + (ReefBreeder Lumen 14k Bar in route)

 

P1020162.thumb.jpg.89384b2dc16d23e3850a5bb054f2e711.jpg

 

FTS: 06/29/2020

 

P1020149.thumb.jpg.e2cf30869c3e078c6f43c3b4c39c8a78.jpg

 

That’s the good combo right there. 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo
1 minute ago, mitten_reef said:

That’s the good combo right there. 😉

yes sir 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
spectra

I was not a fan of the coral plus bulb.............not sure why nut just wasnt happy with the look when I had it............

 

yours looks good in the pic though...........

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo
3 minutes ago, spectra said:

I was not a fan of the coral plus bulb.............not sure why nut just wasnt happy with the look when I had it............

 

yours looks good in the pic though...........

Thanks!

 

I actually think the coral + is a really nice white bulb with the right color temp. Of course if you had a 6 bulb it would be interesting to add a 6500k plant bulb for the reds and yellows more. What did you swap it with? I used to like Purple + but too purple/pink and I am not into that look

 

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
11 minutes ago, Matteo said:

Thanks!

 

I actually think the coral + is a really nice white bulb with the right color temp. Of course if you had a 6 bulb it would be interesting to add a 6500k plant bulb for the reds and yellows more. What did you swap it with? I used to like Purple + but too purple/pink and I am not into that look

 

I cant remember it was a few years ago when I had my ATI power module..........

 

now I just run all blue plus in them with the LEDs.........

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

I love T5's even with no LEDs so many bulb choices. My old fixture still in the garage was my favorite for colors. When you can suspend them it is much nicer. One of the fans got noisy and I just boxed it up. Lazy me. Your tank is looking great!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo
4 hours ago, spectra said:

I cant remember it was a few years ago when I had my ATI power module..........

 

now I just run all blue plus in them with the LEDs.........

I ran blue + with my nanobox only too. The whites in them are over powered. Never took the white channel above like 20% but my white channel was on 1000mah drivers

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo
1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

I love T5's even with no LEDs so many bulb choices. My old fixture still in the garage was my favorite for colors. When you can suspend them it is much nicer. One of the fans got noisy and I just boxed it up. Lazy me. Your tank is looking great!

Thanks! 

 

Loving the colors way more and natural look of the T5. It also doesn't have nearly as much light pollution as my other light caused in the room. 

 

My fan is a little loud but it's being ran on a 12v psu. Ordered a 3-12v adapter so I can change the speed and quiet it down a bit. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo

I just witnessed my Harliquin shrimp mother (actually the blue one) release a bunch of fry! 

 

Literally perfect timing turning the flashlight on the tank. I have a video of all the little ones swimming around. 

 

At this point I have no means I have raising the babies let alone catching and keeping them alive. 

 

Any suggestions? I guess it's just extra reef food 😬

  • Wow 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...