Pod Your Reef

2 hours ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Awesome feeding video. That damsel adds nice contrast. My favorite fish in my old tank was a simple blue damsel. Such a pretty and active fish. 

Id say you'd only benefit the tank if you added another nero. Can always keep it dialed down a bit for now. Once those sps start growing more they'd appreciate the extra flow. Right now I don’t have a lot of coral in my new build but I have two neros set up anti synch. They kick up everything when I turn them back on after feeding. Love these pumps

Sounds good! Yeah I think another one will help. Either that or grab a used mp10 🤔

• Like 1
10 hours ago, WindyCityReefer. said:

Love the top-down shot! Your aquascape is spectacular. I am starting to rethink mine..

You and @mitten_reef are killing it with the updates 👍

The perfect aquascape is so important 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

Orange setosa to balance the green?  

I'm game. I'm gonna see what trade in I can get for the rock with the nuclear green palys and rainbow incinerators on it. Hopefully decent enough to get me something yellow 🙂

• Like 2

So I traded in the rock with the Nuclear Green Palys and Rainbow Incinerators to my LFS.

Grabbed a sexy Lobo and an Orange Pavona. 

I guess I need a new FTS and Top Down now 🤷‍♂️

• Wow 1

Gotta do a water change and media swap today.

Just trying to find the Lazy Sunday motivation to do so. Having a little bit of a nitrate raise with some algae film on the glass. Simply just been feeding too much. 

Gonna cut back so I'm not wiping the glass as much. I'll get an updated FTS with the new coral soonish. Maybe Ina week or so because I plan on getting a frag or two next weekend. 

Going to post updates but not as frequently as everything is sort of in grow mode so most fts will look the same unless I do monthly fts updates. 

Thank you all for following along. I love all your tanks and hope you love mine too 🙂

• Like 4

So I found a TON of debri in my chaeto, Gave it a good solid rinse. Also cleaned my media baskets, Nero 5, skimmer cup clean out, 5g water change, filter floss change, new carbon, purgien is currently in its de-chlorinating phase will add back tomorrow. 

Lots of good maintenance today! 

• Like 1

Glad you got your maintenance done, i didn’t do my w/c today, ended up helping my bro on some stuff, then heard a pop from my light fixture. I ended up having to take it all apart and cleaned all the dust out and cleaned it really good. I think I just need to get a new led driver for the moonlight channel. Not a whole new fixture.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, ef4life said:

Glad you got your maintenance done, i didn’t do my w/c today, ended up helping my bro on some stuff, then heard a pop from my light fixture. I ended up having to take it all apart and cleaned all the dust out and cleaned it really good. I think I just need to get a new led driver for the moonlight channel. Not a whole new fixture.

I know the pain. My T5 ballast went out some months ago and I had to rip my light apart to get to it. Luckily when I purchased the light from the fellow years ago be gave me an extra ballast. Kept it just in case! 

Just sent @pgrVII payment for his Bluebox MP10!

Super stoked to get some adequate cross flow for my reef. Especially with all the sps on the top end of the tank. 

Detritus builds up a bit on the rock columns so with the cross flow we shoo ld eliminate that! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Matteo said:

Just sent @pgrVII payment for his Bluebox MP10!

Super stoked to get some adequate cross flow for my reef. Especially with all the sps on the top end of the tank. 

Detritus builds up a bit on the rock columns so with the cross flow we shoo ld eliminate that! 

I gotcha homie 🤙

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FTS: 12/17/2019

P1010499.thumb.jpg.b2c10535ce51f376b978f6b3561c225e.jpg

Top Down 12/17/2019

P1010507.thumb.jpg.28b3c4754211bd954515e839800f229d.jpg

Easily the sexiest Lobo I have ever seen. Super stoked when I found it. 

This thing is gonna explode in color

P1010498.thumb.jpg.cf43d3c943d73955335a7b3086c49b03.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow 7
12 minutes ago, Matteo said:

FTS: 12/17/2019

P1010499.thumb.jpg.b2c10535ce51f376b978f6b3561c225e.jpg

Top Down 12/19/2019

P1010507.thumb.jpg.28b3c4754211bd954515e839800f229d.jpg

Easily the sexiest Lobo I have ever seen. Super stoked when I found it. 

This thing is gonna explode in color

P1010498.thumb.jpg.cf43d3c943d73955335a7b3086c49b03.jpg

Nice!

• Thanks 1

@pgrVII's MP10 came in!

Threw it on the opposite end of the Nero slightly adjacent to it. 

Running it on constant at around 45%. Not noticing a whole lot now but did notice some debri getting kicked up in the beginning which was the goal. 

BTA looks like it's reacting well, it opened up a bit more it seems. Might have to move coral soon as it's getting very big 👀

Gold Torch Coral looks like it maybe splitting soon. It's looking a little wider and the polyps are not as out as they used to be. Looks totally healthy and fine though. 

The sps are the real ones who will benefit from the Mp10. Should see great results from them. My Rainbow PC Acro is encrusting like crazy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1