Innovative Marine Aquariums

Aussie Orange Lobo

P1010563.thumb.jpg.7a7bd57a88e59c899b05a6c5b18fd328.jpg

No name but awesome striking colors

P1010564.thumb.jpg.e21a524b350c3844d1f3a52c3fceb3b9.jpg

Updated pic of Aussie Gold Torch

P1010554.thumb.jpg.d6f934dc3012b878466e625ba0f9fa0d.jpg

I believe this is a Strawberry Shortcake? It's doing great!

P1010556.thumb.jpg.9ee1960b9d44cf2fc5e89a9d01c730fe.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

Aussie Rainbow Lobo (one of my favorite pieces) and OG Bounce

314877903_AussieRainbowLobo.thumb.jpg.3d61328341e5183b68acb72f16990b8b.jpg

Lobo Garden of 8 & 2 Scolys Notice my split nem is back to normal! 

P1010558.thumb.jpg.ddfa36182bd582af26c9315dd9f2b84e.jpg

FTS: 1/15/2020

P1010546.thumb.jpg.622f655e426605173cfda62a6b581de5.jpg

• Like 10
4 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Yassss !!! I love it man,everything looks so good. 

Thanks dude! I'm pretty happy with how everything turned out. 

This Friday I will be adding a huge zoa colony of rastas and possibly a rainbow Branching Hammer to replace my Orange one that I lost. 

Come late February there will be a Holy Grail Torch added 😎 just waiting for it to be fragged and healed basically. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Grabbed a rainbow hammer yesterday and my rasta colony! 

Also... Cuttlefish and Corals had a bogo sale so I'm bringing home 4 more pieces today 🙈😂

@mitten_reef I made need a frag rack soon 😂😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
15 minutes ago, second_decimal said:

Next post, “matteos 300g build“ on account of Where to put all the corals 🤣

The Mrs. would kill me. She's coming back from Germany in a weekish and I have a very expensive green card fee to pay. Gotta cool it on coral too because she won't be able to get a job until the work visa comes in. Sugar daddy = no more coral for awhile 😭

Oh well. She's worth it. 

I'll sneak a coral piece here and there of course 🤫

Her: is that new? 

Me: .... 

Her: how much was it? 

Me: ... 

Her: ... 

Me: giphy.gif.7006130df88d941ae9c184fcc82e453a.gif

• Haha 6
  • Wow 1
second_decimal

Nice. Are you both from Germany or just her?  

wondering if the nem is cool with all the corals. They do wander sometimes and in such a small space (i.e. not 300 gallons) don’t they sting the corals around them? 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, second_decimal said:

Nice. Are you both from Germany or just her?  

wondering if the nem is cool with all the corals. They do wander sometimes and in such a small space (i.e. not 300 gallons) don’t they sting the corals around them? 

Just her. But my family heritage is this. 

Dad was born and raised in Italy. 

Mother was born in Ohio but whole family lineage is German. Like off the boat Ellis island German. 

The nem split but it has stayed in its spot for 6ish months. Some corals around it were showing signs of being stung so I moved them and let the nem(s) have its space. 

I feed regularly and the flow is perfect for them. Their feet are stuck deep within the rock work too 

• Like 2
second_decimal

cool. I came a long time ago but still speak German and still have family there. I used to go back and forth for work quite a bit but now it’s been a while again. what area is she from? 

• Like 1
second_decimal

I like the BT nems but concerned about wandering and stinging everything. Now that I am moving to a 20g I will have a little more room and am considering one maybe with a set of clowns. But the whole “Nemo” thing is so commonplace so I haven’t made up my mind yet. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well a little update. Been busy with work and the Lounge can be distracting....

ANYWAY

Had to do a bit of a res-cape on my left rock work. It wasn't very stable and toppled over a bit. After a lot of super glue and frustration all corals are now mounted and happy. I moved my torches around and I also put some of my newer mushrooms (8 different types total) in the front and elevated for a little more emphasis since they are all higher quality shrooms. 

Speaking of mushrooms WTF is this one? Store ordered it as an indo rhodactis but I think this thing has a MAJOR bounce it. It is practically like half its mass. 

Take a look and let me know what ya think....it was only $30 and they have two more so I may go back and grab as an investment coral...

First pic for true size

1010578.thumb.jpg.7ab98190f84d2898a72807aa2bab099e.jpg

Zoomed up and color brought out a bit...

325061501_1010578(1).jpg.62827319cf7ae924bb59b6f7ad22f513.jpg

I promise to get some FTS and coral shots for you soon. The new scape is pretty sweet and the coral placement looks more even. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
7 hours ago, Matteo said:

1010578.thumb.jpg.7ab98190f84d2898a72807aa2bab099e.jpg

325061501_1010578(1).jpg.62827319cf7ae924bb59b6f7ad22f513.jpg

Top down angle?

8 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

Maybe it's just on a piece of rubble glued to the plug?

Kinda with you on this one. Looks like the main mushroom body just stretches and drapes over something. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Top down angle?

Kinda with you on this one. Looks like the main mushroom body just stretches and drapes over something. 

I thought so too but the bounce is transparent and there's nothing there. 

When I moved the frag and pissed it off a bit I couldnt really see rubble and the bounce retained shape. 

I guess we'll see when it grows more. I'll try and get some better shots later. 

I have like 3-4 mushrooms bouncing and this deformity is really looking like one. 

I mean considering almost all the bounces come from indo and as rhodactis it's a good chance. 

• Like 1

Quick update. Fiancé is back in town and we'll she won't be a fiancé come Friday 😉

Anywhoooo she's busy with the in laws right now so I have time to post! 

Gonna grab some nice pictures for you all and will get them up today. 

Nem split so I traded one for some Butt Muncher zoas. Great name BTW but let's be real these zoas are called "Eating Ass Zoas" <- much better name. 

There's some new mushrooms too like a jawbreaker and euch that I traded my OG bounce for. 

Fresh water change done, I upped my whites a bit on the Nanobox and at the moment having very little to no algae build up on glass so I think everything is in fine order! 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Matteo said:

Quick update. Fiancé is back in town and we'll she won't be a fiancé come Friday 😉

Nem split so I traded one for some Butt Muncher zoas. Great name BTW but let's be real these zoas are called "Eating Ass Zoas" <- much better name. 

There's some new mushrooms too like a jawbreaker and euch that I traded my OG bounce for. 

Fresh water change done, I upped my whites a bit on the Nanobox and at the moment having very little to no algae build up on glass so I think everything is in fine order! 

Congrats bud, now show me coral pictures. 

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Congrats bud, now show me coral pictures. 

Pics taken. Just need to edit and post. Probably will do in the next 20mins while the future Mrs is getting ready.

Cause we all know how long that really means 😜

• Haha 3
second_decimal
2 hours ago, Matteo said:

congrats man... 

• Like 1