ReefCleaners.org

Cencalfishguy56
30 minutes ago, Matteo said:

Yes it really is starting to fill in! I agree. I probably won't upgrade until next year sometime.

Thanks for the kind words! 

Pretty sure he’s hinting at TOTM in near future😉

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Took some more shots. Covid got me bored...

Dragon Soul Indo

P1020283.thumb.jpg.b0d1317ed21e7ab696ce4e0fcdbc3062.jpg

Pink Goni

P1020289.thumb.jpg.d4f3454b86ff8328966eded3c8f4878e.jpg

Gold/Red Lobo (McDonald's Lunch Box Lobo could be a good name...) 

P1020291.thumb.jpg.558a48b558fdd7059e2d26f1dfa93a8c.jpg

FTS: 7/19/2020

526108347_FTS7_19_2020.thumb.jpg.10f66f3477ec841daef67656443fe985.jpg

P1020303.thumb.jpg.ae15f0d9239593de98959e3de588759c.jpg

• Like 7
  • Wow 3

Harlequins spawned again last night. tons and tons of babies floating around. This morning no where to be seen. We will see if ANY make it........

RIP, feels like I am losing mad money every time as they are in high demand

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
2 minutes ago, xiaoxiy said:

Those LPS are fire. What T5 bulb combo do you run?

Thanks! I do love LPS. My sticks bore me hahaha and I only have one type of mushroom..... 

Front to back it goes Blue +, Blue +, Coral +, Blue +. Then both sides have 453nm 16watt Led strips. The front one is dimmed a bit while the back one is almost at full to compensate for where the coral + position is if that makes sense. 

• Like 3
On 7/26/2020 at 9:51 PM, Matteo said:

just some quick shots 

Female Maroon Lighting Clown 

P1020324.thumb.jpg.54b1eaf6a53d24987f81a081d852992e.jpg

Flame Angel 

P1020327.thumb.jpg.8416e6480edf411981da640b0f0c8ce6.jpg

Side Angle 

P1020330.jpg

OMG. These are gorgeous pictures. What camera, lens and filters do you recommend to get better pictures than an iPhone?

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Coolbreeze said:

OMG. These are gorgeous pictures. What camera, lens and filters do you recommend to get better pictures than an iPhone?

Hey! Thank you. 

I use a Lumix GX85 mirrorless camera. 

Shoot in manual mode with a custom white balance setting. 

Then I use pixlr.com for some quick post editing and it's free and keeps the photos original 4k. 

No filters or anything of the sort. I use the stock lens that came with the kit. 

For iPhone I recommend shooting in manual settings and really try to get the best out of the white balance setting you can. For phone editing apps there are tons so personal preference. 

At the end of the day the best photos are usually done with a camera and not a phone. 

Phones just don't have all the power cameras do. 

My camera is basically a smart camera. All the tech and hardware is for photos not text 😉

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Matteo said:

Hey! Thank you. 

I use a Lumix GX85 mirrorless camera. 

Shoot in manual mode with a custom white balance setting. 

Then I use pixlr.com for some quick post editing and it's free and keeps the photos original 4k. 

No filters or anything of the sort. I use the stock lens that came with the kit. 

For iPhone I recommend shooting in manual settings and really try to get the best out of the white balance setting you can. For phone editing apps there are tons so personal preference. 

At the end of the day the best photos are usually done with a camera and not a phone. 

Phones just don't have all the power cameras do. 

My camera is basically a smart camera. All the tech and hardware is for photos not text 😉

Thanks for the tips 🙂

• Like 1

@MatteoWhat are you doing these days for nutrient export?  Still growing chaeto in one of the back sump chambers?  I'm thinking about going that route for my IM40 & would appreciate any insight you can share about what's worked (or not worked) for you.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SaltyTanks said:

@MatteoWhat are you doing these days for nutrient export?  Still growing chaeto in one of the back sump chambers?  I'm thinking about going that route for my IM40 & would appreciate any insight you can share about what's worked (or not worked) for you.  

Hey there!

Yeah I am running chaeto in the rear chamber with the IM Cheatomax LED on an off light schedule. 

Other than that mid size nuvo skimmer, filter pads, carbon, and purigen. I change my media out/recharge it 1-2 twice a month and do water changes probably about the same 1-2 twice a month. Just 5 gallons. 

That's it!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1