SaltCritters.com

28 minutes ago, dvs1986 said:

Just picked up a 40 nuvo a week or so ago. Just picking up a couple final equipment pieces and I can get started. Super inspired by your build

Wow! That means a ton to me, truly! 

What pieces do you need? I guess I'll check your journal out! 

31 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Not a stick I’m guessing. 

Nope. I would never. I don't trust myself enough with sticks. The most expensive stick I bought was $75 and it made me sooooo nervous. Still does... 

Let's just say imma name it King Midas... 

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Gold torch?

Ding ding ding! Aussie gold torch. I'll post pics later 

5 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Midas Blenny. 

That'd be a spendy ass fish 

• Like 1
On 11/8/2019 at 6:41 PM, Matteo said:

Wow! That means a ton to me, truly! 

What pieces do you need? I guess I'll check your journal out! 

haven't started a journal yet. Im still deciding on a heater (cobalt neotherms have a bad rep, and are hard to find, but people are hating on eheim jaegers as well. Heaters are lose loser it seems.) and whether or not i need a icecap 1k gyre, and thats about it. 

18 minutes ago, dvs1986 said:

haven't started a journal yet. Im still deciding on a heater (cobalt neotherms have a bad rep, and are hard to find, but people are hating on eheim jaegers as well. Heaters are lose loser it seems.) and whether or not i need a icecap 1k gyre, and thats about it. 

I don't like the gyres. They'resuch a large piece of equipment to have in the DT and I hear they need regular cleaning. I highly recommend the Nero and I've owned jaebo, mp40s, Tunze, current USA you name the powerhead. Nero is by far my favorite. 

As for heaters I just picked a big external controlled one on Amazon with good reviews. Heaters are heaters. The technology behind them is old and standard so you can't really mess up with a heater haha. 

3 minutes ago, Matteo said:

I don't like the gyres. They'resuch a large piece of equipment to have in the DT and I hear they need regular cleaning. I highly recommend the Nero and I've owned jaebo, mp40s, Tunze, current USA you name the powerhead. Nero is by far my favorite. 

As for heaters I just picked a big external controlled one on Amazon with good reviews. Heaters are heaters. The technology behind them is old and standard so you can't really mess up with a heater haha. 

have a link to the heater you decided on? just curious.

Honestly this is sort of a poopy pic.

I rescaped and remounted King Midas so when he's less pissed off and the tank fixes itself I will get some MUCH better pics. 

P1010316.jpg

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, Matteo said:

Honestly this is sort of a poopy pic.

I rescaped and remounted King Midas so when he's less pissed off and the tank is fix itself I will get some MUCH better pics. 

P1010316.jpg

solid goal, nice! especially with all the online price that is happening these days....

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

solid goal, nice! especially with all the online price that is happening these days....

Yeah my lfs hooked me up. It's a larger head probably going to split in the next few months I hope. 😬

• Like 1

Really excited about my rescape. I'll hopefully get pics tonight. 

This is by far my best attempt at keeping coral and healthy fish. Been doing saltwater since I was 10 and never had it quite right until now so I'm stoked!

Especially since I'm in a part of my life I can splurge on coral it's been fun 😊

Updates to come! 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Matteo said:

Pissed off Rainbow Hammer

848206880_PissedOffRainbowHammer.thumb.jpg.2a350195f95fc83617ad8becbb6d6558.jpg

King Midas

2046568930_KingMidas.thumb.jpg.59448762f9c6b7df44bf998ee54e22ed.jpg

Roomies

Roomies.thumb.jpg.33b980fe6bbb24a6ce2f4f8c43c13288.jpg

Top Down Pumps Off that's that the way I like to crop372469803_TopDown.thumb.jpg.1564384db38ac5929d9e3f6e79d7ae2f.jpg

Thats a great pic of the pistol and goby. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, righttirefire said:

Looking good matteo. Hows that t5 treating you?

Loving it! I am using two Actinic bulbs so not much growth expected but I LOVE the POP it gives for the coral. I rely on the 4x pucks for the main lighting. My Royal Blues are at like 89%, Cyan at 30%, Violate at 55%, and White at like 8% lol.