Coral Vue Hydros

1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

Well shit,if that is the case I'd build my own Semi's and Luxeon Rebel Royals for the same price lol.  

😛

• Haha 1

I mean Semi's and Luxeon driven at 700mah,would probably blow the LB out of your water even with no optics lol. 

I'm excited to see how everything turns out though. 

• Like 1

Lights installed and it's exactly what I wanted. 

Brighter, bluer, pop, and shimmer. While also maintaining a low profile and matching ati aesthetic. It's perfect for what I needed and they where cheap at 50% off. 

• Like 3
Cencalfishguy56
7 minutes ago, Matteo said:

Lights installed and it's exactly what I wanted. 

Brighter, bluer, pop, and shimmer. While also maintaining a low profile and matching ati aesthetic. It's perfect for what I needed and they where cheap at 50% off. 

Pics or it didn’t happen.... you know the rules bro

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1
Elizabeth94

Gotta put that donut coral on a diet. 

What do you use to clean your back wall? Iv been using a razorblade meant to clean glass stovetops. But I can’t reach behind my  rock arms too big. Used a long handle blade which stunk. Your glass is so clean. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Gotta put that donut coral on a diet. 

What do you use to clean your back wall? Iv been using a razorblade meant to clean glass stovetops. But I can’t reach behind my  rock arms too big. Used a long handle blade which stunk. Your glass is so clean. 

I scrubbed before picture... But back wall stays clean from cuc and the naughty tiny starfish. So far the asternias stars only eat debri and algae but they've been mad depleted from the shrimp. 

Overall I don't get much algae build. Much less now that I'm using t5s too! 

• Like 4

Just some shots I took real quick. They're okay... 

Aussie Gold

P1020216.thumb.jpg.cda3d7f8129e56429ab7c2e2634bf495.jpg

Blueberry Ice Favia

P1020209.thumb.jpg.9605496e0e68f45d6915288c1880d697.jpg

Indo Gold (Possibly Dragon Soul Torch)

P1020214.thumb.jpg.fa35081f016fc70c2ef8105f6e9ff819.jpg

Lobos!

P1020218.thumb.jpg.ff1ce2bcbd52cfa6ff9d28b26ee1da24.jpg

Red and Gold Lobo with rainbow eyes 

P1020212.thumb.jpg.823f935b3e08191693968fc8586dbcc6.jpg

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Everything looks awesome of course. Really like that red and gold lobo though!

That's definitely a prize piece! I just love meaty Corals. 

My next upgrade I was thinking sca50 but maybe something shallower as I like the meat Corals all over... 🤔 I could just completely cover the sca50 sandbed corner to corner 👀

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Maybe a nice Waterbox frag 105....? Haha. Btw there is a giveaway for one on waterbox’s site, throw in an entry. 

Reason I like the sca50 is its profile and I can transfer all my gear over. 

We will see though! That's not for awhile... 

• Like 1
mitten_reef
3 minutes ago, Matteo said:

453nm LEDs on only dimmed

P1020234.thumb.jpg.134af963b5c5cf20f45af6109598bd21.jpg

how did you come about that new giant chunk of acro on the right peak?  A maricultured colony?  If so, watch it closely for the next few weeks, as they tend to be more finicky in the beginning.  

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

how did you come about that new giant chunk of acro on the right peak?  A maricultured colony?  If so, watch it closely for the next few weeks, as they tend to be more finicky in the beginning.  

Bought at lfs for like $50 (was $75) under shitty halides so bad coloring. 

Right now it has crazy awesome polyp extension and is looking pretty good. Still waiting for it to color up more but that'll take a little time. 

No idea what culture it is honestly. Good chance it was a larger frag that grew in their tank for sometime. Reason being is there is a small little crab of some sort who made the center of the sticks his home but I think they grew and he got to big so maybe trapped.....

• Like 3
Christopher Marks
On 7/13/2020 at 8:20 AM, Matteo said:

Reason I like the sca50 is its profile and I can transfer all my gear over. 

We will see though! That's not for awhile... 

Yeah, it's way too soon to transfer this awesome reef into something new! It's really starting to fill in now.

Nice work on the LED addition, hybrid lighting setups like this give such nice color. Even soft light from T5's and shimmer from LED's, best of both worlds!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Yeah, it's way too soon to transfer this awesome reef into something new! It's really starting to fill in now.

Nice work on the LED addition, hybrid lighting setups like this give such nice color. Even soft light from T5's and shimmer from LED's, best of both worlds!

Yes it really is starting to fill in! I agree. I probably won't upgrade until next year sometime.

Thanks for the kind words! 

• Like 2