SaltCritters.com

FTS: 06/04/2020 1 YEAR BIRTHDAY OF THIS REEF 

Video to come.....

It has been quite the year but I am very happy with how the tank is coming out! 

Pumps off!

P1020071.thumb.jpg.e1983cc3786193229db8d4d1fa0d83d7.jpg

• Like 8
Elizabeth94

Love the color of the new torch, adds some contrast to the rest. Can’t help with names, but it’s certainly golden haha

• Like 1

1-Year later to this day Video Update if you have 4K abilities this video is in 1080p, 1440p, and of course 4K! 

Enjoy! 

• Like 10
4 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Happy Birthday. Great video and that new torch looks perfect up there with the others.

Agreed! The other indo gold was tad too green so it got lost next to the green torch. This one really helps with keeping all 4 torches very different 🙂

• Like 3

So I've been looking around instagram and as much as I love my tank it looks messy and unorganized. Maybe it's caused its all fraggy still and stuff needs to fill in. 

But I'm really like the floating rock idea and maybe just going full LPS. So floating rock on the back walls with LPS pieces and such, no more sps, and the a bunch of scolys and lobos on the sand bed. 

This maybe hard to do with my nem though. 

Am I just bored? Just thinking a more themed tank instead of a mixed nano would be cooler. 

If anything I can just let things grow out and upgrade hopefully to some 50-60 gallon with the year. 

What you guys think? 

Inspiration... 

• Like 6
  • Wow 1
mitten_reef

I like your scape the way it is. If you decide to change things up, I think you would need to change the coral selection/focus/ratio as you mentioned.

I have a request. I wanna be able to create that center alleyway that you have going on in here with my new tank.  I'm also contemplating how to accomplish a 3-sided view with the new shallow cube.  can you get me side-view shots on both sides?  Did you consider side-views on this tank at all?  

• Like 4

Holy cow that picture is packed and all under one prime? What a wizard, also browsing Instagram and other platforms devoted to "envy" and "resentiment" is a fantastic way to ruin a mood lol.

Do what you would prefer to do, inspiration is one thing, but I'd avoid getting caught up in "could be betters" and "if only it were like theirs", nothing at all to be gained.

Your tank is beautiful, half the people here would kill for the scape, collection, and growth/health your system's got.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

I like your scape the way it is. If you decide to change things up, I think you would need to change the coral selection/focus/ratio as you mentioned.

I have a request. I wanna be able to create that center alleyway that you have going on in here with my new tank.  I'm also contemplating how to accomplish a 3-sided view with the new shallow cube.  can you get me side-view shots on both sides?  Did you consider side-views on this tank at all?  

I will grab some but that is another thing about my scape. It is so focused on the center front view which make sense but the side views are okay... I will snag some today for ya, thinking about it I never really focused on the sides.... maybe its cause my tank is positioned in a way where the sides are kinda of out of the way

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Amphrites said:

Holy cow that picture is packed and all under one prime? What a wizard, also browsing Instagram and other platforms devoted to "envy" and "resentiment" is a fantastic way to ruin a mood lol.

Do what you would prefer to do, inspiration is one thing, but I'd avoid getting caught up in "could be betters" and "if only it were like theirs", nothing at all to be gained.

Your tank is beautiful, half the people here would kill for the scape, collection, and growth/health your system's got.

dang thanks dude. Yeah its really hard to not be content with your setup when you browse the other reefs. That "could be better" bug is a strong one to shake though! 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

I love floating reefs. @Craig. has one that he's doing for the current contest.

another inspiration. @mitten_reef showed me this post which I fell in love with as I love meaty corals.

Idk, if I did do a whole rescape I would probably have to even limit live stock since hiding places would decrease. As mentioned I would have to get really picky on what corals I would want to keep etc. 

We will see..... I think the biggest issue would be my nem and finding it a home where it is happy after a rescape. It's just such a monster

• Like 2

Lets start a poll....react to this comment so I can get a tally haha

Push "Like" for the idea of a fat rescape and coral make over. 🤔

Push "Confused" for Matteo f*** off and leave it alone. :rant:

It is now up to the masses! :grouphug:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3
19 minutes ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Matteo, your tank is awesome. I know the feeing you are getting. Im thinking another tank build? Haha

Thanks....yeah I am just bored and doing the whole it could be better thing. 

I think best course of action is to let things grow and wait for an upgrade purchase. 

Just had a very very promising second interview today for a gig that would pay double my last job. If that happens you bet your ass their will be an upgrade within the year. 

Debating an SCA 50 as for the price ($800) it is a really nice setup (tank, stand, skimmer, return pump, and plumbing) and I have had an SCA skimmer before and they work great. All I would do is upgrade return pump for a feed mode option and move my gear over. 

I like cubes as they are easy and fun to scape but I also wouldn't have to upgrade my light at all which is a plus. 

I guess I will leave mine alone and be content :slap:

until an upgrade...... 

• Like 7
mitten_reef
2 hours ago, Matteo said:

@mitten_reef

Raw unedited. Not much to look at side wise. The reef's good size is all in the front which is something I'm not sure if I like. 

1020076.jpg

1020077.jpg

1020074.jpg

1020075.jpg

Thanks!  Didn’t realize you had pushed the rocks all the way to the back wall.  But it makes sense now to see so much room in foreground.  Do you have any flow/dead spot issue?

• Like 3

I’d really like to see the sps up on the right fill in.  You’re rockscape has too much potential for you to change course now! Maybe throw in some faster growing birdsnest or pickup a pistol shrimp / goby pair to keep you entertained?!?!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Thanks!  Didn’t realize you had pushed the rocks all the way to the back wall.  But it makes sense now to see so much room in foreground.  Do you have any flow/dead spot issue?

Maaaaaybe a little bit in the center canyon but both mp10 and nero face each other so nah not really. My flow is sorta higher for a nano. Mp10 @ 50% Nero @ 48% pulse.

Yeah all the way up against the wall. Left me more room for lobos and such. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, SaltyTanks said:

I’d really like to see the sps up on the right fill in.  You’re rockscape has too much potential for you to change course now! Maybe throw in some faster growing birdsnest or pickup a pistol shrimp / goby pair to keep you entertained?!?!

You mean like these two!? 😉 They're a total blast to watch. Lots of snapping action too haha. 

Also you're right. Once everything fills and grows in I think it'll be a whole different game. 

Roomies.jpg.211b5447744374db2c59b03b7084eb23 (1).jpg

• Like 9
Cencalfishguy56
37 minutes ago, Matteo said:

You mean like these two!? 😉 They're a total blast to watch. Lots of snapping action too haha. 

Also you're right. Once everything fills and grows in I think it'll be a whole different game. 

Roomies.jpg.211b5447744374db2c59b03b7084eb23 (1).jpg

I’ve thought about a pair, so torn for my last fish tho! By the way, keep the tank the way it is, you’re F#%*ing crazy man! One of the best tanks on here Matteo!🙄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1