Cultivated Reef

Marine Depot
14 hours ago, OverCookedRock said:

Second order came in. As expected greatly packed and what was expected. 

I don't have anymore gear (at the moment) to order but definitely will again with them. 🙂

Please make more merch like t-shirts hats stickers, etc. 😉

We currently have a few ideas in the works.  Any type of merch that you want to see?  We are always open to ideas 😀

-Steven

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, Marine Depot said:

We currently have a few ideas in the works.  Any type of merch that you want to see?  We are always open to ideas 😀

-Steven

Cheesy bust tasteful. The "be a good host" shirt is one of my favorites. So I guess that style? 

Saltwaterfishtanktv guy on YouTube has some funny aquarium shirts so maybe something in that realm. 

Think dad humor 😂

4 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Things certainly are moving right along. Is the 20 empty now? The tank looks awesome right now but needs the rest of that rock for fishy homes. Following along.

20 is empty and the Nuvo40 is nice and clear this morning. I don't plan on adding anymore rock. Maybe a small one for my black widow BTA I'm getting today. 

The main structure has holes, caves, arches, hang offs, you name it. Plenty of hiding for the fishy

If anything I'll add some rock to the back right corner and have it connect to the main structure. I just want my tank open

🙂

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

My bad. I thought the bin was full of coral on rock that was going in. I love the way it looks right now. 

Haha no worries here! I'll get a better fts later this evening 

So I got everything setup!

Loving alllll the gear! Light comes Wednesday. 

I traded the clowns in for a beautiful lighting maroon clown today. Worth it because new black widow nem is being loved in. 

Three azure damsels were added. 

And a Yellow Watchman and Tiger Pistol Shrimp! 

Question! My two azures are picking on the other azure hiding all the time. Will adding one or two more be a good call for evening out aggression? 

Bioload maybe pushing it but I have very adequate filtration and methods 😉

DSC_0307.JPG

DSC_0304.JPG

• Like 5

So I had to return my mighty jet to marine depot for a replacement. Mine starting making a grinding noise and was not silent the least bit 😞

All good though, I trust marine depot to follow through. Probably won't get the replacement until next week but that is okay, using a sicce 1.5 for now that I got from @pgrVII It came in handy! 

Equipment updated and overall build 

• Like 1

Odd numbers tend to work best, but three can be awkward. Watch for signs of serious damage like fins torn to the base or the fish constantly in stress-colors and hiding near powerheads/returns at the surface (and not eating), otherwise it can take a few weeks for things to settle down.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Amphrites said:

Odd numbers tend to work best, but three can be awkward. Watch for signs of serious damage like fins torn to the base or the fish constantly in stress-colors and hiding near powerheads/returns at the surface (and not eating), otherwise it can take a few weeks for things to settle down.

I had a fourth and took him back because of this. All three are established with their own home now 🙂 each as a little Rocky area to hide if need be.

They are slowing chilling out though every day. 

• Like 2
mitten_reef
On 6/16/2019 at 1:06 AM, OverCookedRock said:

So I got everything setup!

Loving alllll the gear! Light comes Wednesday. 

I traded the clowns in for a beautiful lighting maroon clown today. Worth it because new black widow nem is being loved in. 

Three azure damsels were added. 

And a Yellow Watchman and Tiger Pistol Shrimp! 

Question! My two azures are picking on the other azure hiding all the time. Will adding one or two more be a good call for evening out aggression? 

Bioload maybe pushing it but I have very adequate filtration and methods 😉

DSC_0307.JPG

DSC_0304.JPG

Giant pistol!!!

9 minutes ago, OverCookedRock said:

FTS posted on first page P1000714.thumb.jpg.56ab41bea1b7a0c31bb010fdf279be69.jpg

Nanobox hybrid? Or did u retro that yourself?

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Giant pistol!!!

Nanobox hybrid? Or did u retro that yourself?

It was a retro built by @thatguytom. I bought two more v3 pucks from him and wired them in there along with added some more fans.

So a lil bit of both. And yes the tiger pistol is quite large 😂 will be a good pair when the goby grows. 

• Like 1

Traded my frammer for some SPS and a God of War favia. Tank is pretty much full. Gonna let it grow out! 

Filled with some higher end pieces, Strawberry Shortcake SPS, Utter Chaos Zoas, Sunny D Zoas, Black Widow BTA, BlueBerry Ice Favia, White Deep Water SPS, etc. 

P1000821.jpg

P1000828.jpg

P1000829.jpg

P1000833.jpg

P1000838.jpg

P1000852.jpg

P1000855.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

Do you guys think I could add a 6th fish? 

Currently the Maroon, three azure, a yellow watchman. 

I was thinking maybe a royal gramma or purple dotty back? Or should I go even small like neon gobies? 

• Like 1