Jump to content
Matteo

Matteo's Nuvo 40 Heavily Stocked Mixed Reef (New coral and HD Pics)

Recommended Posts

pgrVII

Looks great man,definitely starting it nicely🤙

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
On 6/22/2019 at 1:15 AM, Matteo said:

P1000752.jpg

P1000766.jpg

P1000767.jpg

P1000756.jpg

P1000760.jpg

P1000765.jpg

P1000740.jpg

 

Tank looks great! 😃

 

That is a nice looking pistol. 

  • Like 3
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo

Thanks guys 😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Reefkid88

Damn dude,looking just as good if not better than your older tanks !!! Keep it up bud. I'm trying to get back into the game myself,but with a super small pico as usual 😎 !!!!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo
16 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Damn dude,looking just as good if not better than your older tanks !!! Keep it up bud. I'm trying to get back into the game myself,but with a super small pico as usual 😎 !!!!

Couldn't not be back. It's so addictive! 

 

Thanks mate! This is by far my nicest build. Corals are the best they've ever looked. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Reefkid88

I hear you,this is the longest I have been away and its been killing me. I have the tank and all just need a light,ato and salt. 

 

 Everything looks just top notch man,definitely following along with you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo
1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

I hear you,this is the longest I have been away and its been killing me. I have the tank and all just need a light,ato and salt. 

 

 Everything looks just top notch man,definitely following along with you. 

Appreciate that 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo

Yellow Watchman and Ricordias 

P1000940.thumb.jpg.c9e3ed6c881dfa9e7ac8ffe7b29a7293.jpg

 

SPS and Chrysiptera hemicyanea (Azure Damsel)

P1000914.thumb.jpg.a1a07696498b7876aafd56e12d438dfe.jpg

 

Sticks!

P1000915.thumb.jpg.19783d66593576ea3a0b94c2c8138a1e.jpg

 

Nuclear Green Palys

P1000912.thumb.jpg.3fe0bc5541dbf0d248b0e61803dc9b52.jpg

 

Candy Cade and Azure 

P1000938.thumb.jpg.acc7bdb5f1487a84062852283d6baf32.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo

Closest I can get to getting what the Black Widow Nem looks like color wise. Probably not as purple (not my best editing) 

P1000894.thumb.jpg.76546144af195d6eb5bf478a4216eeb4.jpg 

 

Incinerators

P1000910.thumb.jpg.b08b2294e985064c0298c80eac1ae230.jpg

 

Utter Chaos

P1000909.thumb.jpg.645e06a9f7c384a97e07d8bc9ca199e6.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
ninjamyst

nice photos!  i was so close to pulling the trigger on a trio of lemon damselfish from LiveAquaria.....please buy them so I dont 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo
2 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

nice photos!  i was so close to pulling the trigger on a trio of lemon damselfish from LiveAquaria.....please buy them so I dont 

YOU SHOULD GET DAMSELS

 

A trio is so fun. All mine have their set territories but when all chill they are all out and about. Cute, fun, and feisty. Your tank has a lot of yellow fish so personally I would go with a different color. But if you are going for yellow than you should do it 😉 

 

lol no room in my tank for three more 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy

Found your thread.  Nice tank, man!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo

Cheatomax LED by IM working hard! 

 

First Pic June 16th 2019

DSC_0322.thumb.JPG.bee72f80294f01744352e97992e12c51.JPG

 

Second Pic today 7/3/2019

DSC_0017.thumb.JPG.cba1762c4790dec046f5f52ee8b7d3d2.JPG

 

Emptied half and through it in my other build

DSC_0020.thumb.JPG.34946f303a72b13fffa5dab6720f6e98.JPG

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo

Oh and Friday will be a good day. 

 

Finally going to get my IM mighty jet replacement back (took much longer than I wanted) and tires for my ride! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Snow_Phoenix

Looks good so far. I like the openess of the scape and the selection of corals you have made. 😊

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo
1 minute ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Looks good so far. I like the openess of the scape and the selection of corals you have made. 😊

Thank you! Open scapes are my go to for sure. Corals are in grow mode, not sure what else I can squeeze in there haha 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Snow_Phoenix
35 minutes ago, Matteo said:

Thank you! Open scapes are my go to for sure. Corals are in grow mode, not sure what else I can squeeze in there haha 

Throw in a couple of RFAs when the tank is a bit older - it'll add more color. :happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo
6 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Throw in a couple of RFAs when the tank is a bit older - it'll add more color. :happy:

I had RFAS but traded them haha. The tank is mature for anything. Sps, bta, etc. thriving. 

 

The RFAS took up too much room for what I wanted. Sticking with zoas and mushrooms instead 👌

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
ninjamyst

I am done with RFAs too.  They move around too much and keeps hugging the corner or edge of the tank.  I want to get more rics.  I remember they went for as low as $10 for orange ones but they are now $40 a polyp!  Coral prices are freaking like bitcoins these days...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo
43 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

I am done with RFAs too.  They move around too much and keeps hugging the corner or edge of the tank.  I want to get more rics.  I remember they went for as low as $10 for orange ones but they are now $40 a polyp!  Coral prices are freaking like bitcoins these days...

Hahaha yes they are 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo

Love this angle of the tank

P1000965.jpg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
pgrVII
1 hour ago, Matteo said:

Love this angle of the tank

P1000965.jpg

Sleek.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo

Nuvo Skimmer working like a champ, pic is just cleaned. 

P1010050.thumb.jpg.5c7a45c53008df36fd5dbdbc72027d7f.jpg

 

Nero 5 is one of the best pumps I have owned and I have tried MANY

P1010049.thumb.jpg.44cbb43dcf81cfd75c9acf31f726ba28.jpg

 

Of course I have always loved my Aquatic life t5 NanoBox Hybrid. Has older V3's but hey who cares. Using two actinic T5s for POP

P1010046.thumb.jpg.563ec95be9cf10cb17a6fd7cd5320738.jpg

 

Nice close up of the Sunny D's and Azure Damsel

P1010028.thumb.jpg.1096b7b4a7fc05943a342d6680b4cb75.jpg

 

Thanks for stopping by!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo

Thinking of adding a second maroon clown, thoughts?

 

Fun to have paired up in the nem or nah? 

Share this post


Link to post
Amphrites

Trying to pair clowns is always a risk, but definitely a cool change in behavior.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...