Top Shelf Aquatics

New Nuvo Fusion 20g

alexm2251

Hello been a while but im starting a new tank and i am deciding to get a nuvo fusion 20g. any suggestions or constructive criticism is welcome. i want to put a kessil blue tuna wide angle dont know specific model number ans stuff) i as well want to run a ecotech mp10 power head and a HOB Refugium. if anyone has any wisdom to share on any of these products with the nuvo it would be greatly appreciated to share down below.

Thnaks Alex.

I love my innovative marine tanks. I have 2 with some upgrades.

The mp10 is a favoured wavemaker. Kessil is a nice light, never used 1 myself because you gotta buy a controller for it.

1 hour ago, Clown79 said:

The mp10 is a favoured wavemaker. Kessil is a nice light, never used 1 myself because you gotta buy a controller for it.

the A80 tuna blue doesn't need a controller...but it can help. the others do require a controller.

a popular device is to use a random flow generator on the return pump. the IM one is known to make noise while other options (can't remember the brands at the moment) aren't so bad.

11 hours ago, Clown79 said:

never had a mp10 but im ready to put the money in to it and really wanna see how it works with the reef link i defiantly wont use a radion they are too expensive for me and i have used a kessil for about 5-6 years on my other 20g and its so amazing might look into the kessil controller and possibly am gonna get a apex.

10 hours ago, Friendly said:

the A80 tuna blue doesn't need a controller...but it can help. the others do require a controller.

a popular device is to use a random flow generator on the return pump. the IM one is known to make noise while other options (can't remember the brands at the moment) aren't so bad.

I will defiantly look into the random flow generator from IM. but does it work with the return pump that comes with the tank or should u buy a aftermarket one and any suggestions ?

hey Alex, the RFG just sticks onto the end of the return pipe from the pump.

also, you could consider something more involved for your tank, like the Current USA LOOP system...which gives you lighting, pump, wavemakers with a single controller (and remote) so you can create a system that is more natural...sunrise...sunset...moonlight nights...you can even program storms where the lighting will simulate lighting and the wavemakers turbulence.