Pod Your Reef

ReeferReefer's Nuvo 30l

ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

After much back and forth my new tank has been selected. The Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 30l. After a major tank wipe out in my 90g, it was downsize or leave the hobby.About 4 months ago I had a full tank wipe out due to ich/velvet in my 90g. The tank has run fishless since. I have a small collection of soft corals in there and my nems. After a bad looking tank with lots of deaths I have been considering leaving the hobby. I had been saving up to upgrade to a 120g tank but the work and cost involved was just too great. I decided if I was going to stay in hobby I would have to downsize, not upsize. I started saltwater with a 10g nano back in college (learned it all here!) so I suppose this is getting back to my roots. 

All of this comes as we are closing on our first house. My current plan is to migrate all the corals over from the 90g to the Nuvo 30l in our current rental and let it settle for a few weeks. This will give the corals a chance to adjust to the new set up. That will give me time to part out the 90g so I dont have to move it. Then I am going to move the Nuvo 30l into the new house. I figured it would be less stress to move the tank after its been set up than transfer tanks while moving (less stress for me and the corals).

Picked up this tank locally with custom stand for $150. I'm going to run 2 Kessil A350w on goosenecks for lighting. Considering Aquamaxx 1.5 or Tunze 9004 for a skimmer. Looking at picking up a second hand MP10QD for flow. 

This will be a softie tank pretty much. With so many difficulties in the hobby over the years I just want something simple and easy. My large toadstool and btas will be coming with. I plan on growing a lot of GSP and mushrooms as well.

Stocking wise I want to do 2 clowns, a cherub angel and a blenny or wrasse. A cleaner shrimp would be nice as well.

Going to try bare bottom for the first time. Any advice on putting something down like ABS or Starboard? Is it safe to put the rocks directly on the glass?

I did notice a small chip on the top back right corner of the tank but I'm not sure if it's a big deal. Lmk what you think. 

4b1a6ecdf69e2ac156a9d0e248cac0f8.jpg

743dad0dcff00bb8c6d52be9bdb917b1.jpg

• Like 2
ReeferReefer

I've got offers for a Aquamaxx HOB 1.5 for $100 and a MP10QD for $150 today. Might use up most of my left over this budget and finish the equipment part of the this build.

Do you think 1 mp10 will be enough flow?

Most likely going to pick them up today and then the majority of my equipment for this build will be complete. I've got the new rock for this build cycling in a old biocube right now so it should be a pretty quick cycle. Not  sure if I want to go bare glass or put something down to protect it. I am also considering sawing the base of the rock to make it more stable. 

My auto leveling mat and goosenecks are in the mail now. 

ReeferReefer

Picked up the MP10QDw, Aquamaxx HOB 1.5 and the Kessil Goosenecks. Now I am just waiting on the auto leveling mat, in tank filter floss holder, custom 3D printed MP10 Anemone cover and rock epoxy/putty. 

So close to getting wet!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...