SaltCritters.com

Smart ATO micro (Pump not working anymore)

GrumpyDaddy68

GrumpyDaddy68

Hi all,

I bought a 'Smart ATO micro' a couple months ago (April 1st) and the pump stopped working while I was on vacation (fortunately I am still cycling tank).

The return date already passed with Amazon; I have also contacted the vendor (Autoaqua) but no response so far.

Has anybody have had similar issues? Did anybody hear back from vendor?

It's really frustrating not been able to rely in this products (I mean... it wasn't cheap).

Thanks,

It has a 1 year but I never had to contact them for anything. Did you buy it with a credit card? I know my American Express has a 90 day return window so basically if it is past amazons window, american express refunds me, Just a thought. 

Also if you use one of our sponsors next time, they tend to go above and beyond and will contact the suppliers of the products for you if things like this happen.

You can also start hitting up their social media, that usually gets companies to respond when its public: https://www.facebook.com/AUTOAQUA/

I would keep on their ass about it tbh. 

GrumpyDaddy68

Thanks for the ideas.

- I will try the vinegar soak and see if it helps... however, If it's under RO/DI water it shouldn't have any calcification of any kind and less in just a couple months.

- I think I did use my AMEX; I will give it a try.

- Also, yes, I will hit their social media.

Thanks again,

• 1 month later...

Consider buying from a local store if possible.  Even if they have to special order it, they ought to be easier to deal with on something like this than someone you can't go visit in person.

I had a similar problem with XP Aqua Duetto ATO. Their support was pretty good. I had to engage with them twice!

• First time - I thought it was a pump failure as well. I had to send the whole unit to them. They checked and reverted that it was a sensor failure. So they sent a new sensor.
  • I thought it was all good, but within 2 weeks, the sensor failed and I battled a tank overflow. Game over! So I sent the sensor again to them, got it replaced, and all good for now.
  • I got a few lessons learned from that experience (will write it on my Waterbox 7 Journal). 

I would not rule out the possibility that it might be a sensor failure also. Were you able to test the pump separately? (I know it would be difficult if you don't have another ATO to test it out). I was able to do so as I have 2 tanks.

GrumpyDaddy68

I contacted AUTOAQUA support and they directed me to 'Coralvue.com' support.

It was a nice experience working with the customer service; after a couple emails explaining my issues. They sent me a new pump; everything is working fine since then.

Regards,

Jorge

• Like 1