ReefCleaners.org

RBT Anemone splitting

Sapman

I have 5 RBT Anemones   4 of which are all clones from the one i bought 6 months ago . My mate asked how i got them to split  as he has one that has not split or really grown in a year. He then went on to say he's read mixed reviews on the reasons - poor water chemistry , over and under feeding,to much flow, good water chemistry good lighting. My reply was why are Pizza's round  then we put them in a square box then we cut them into triangles to eat them . when you can work this out - then you can work out why a RBT splits . Thought i'd share this Knowledge with you all !!!

• Haha 2

You hit the nail on the head! I'd like to think that splitting is a good thing and means that the animal is healthy enough to reproduce! That being said, I had to get rid of all of mine as they were taking over.

Square boxes are simply easier and cheaper to make. ... Because a square box can be formed from a single sheet of cardboard. Also, it's useful for pizza boxes to start as nothing more than flat sheets of cardboard so that they can be stored easily.

• Like 1

There are tons of theories from being healthy, to not being healthy. Too much light, to too little light etc etc.

I tend to disbelieve the unhealthy state being the reason because you can visually see when nems are unbealthy and many hobbyists have them split, look healthy when they split and continue to live on splitting more. 

Kangster911

Convinience. It is easier to knead amd stretch dough to a circular round pie. It is easier to assemble and store square boxes. And it is easier to cut the said round pie into triangular slices.

As for the anemone splitting, only the gods may know why.😄