ReefCleaners.org

Is my Anemone dying

Isaacthedev

Isaacthedev

Today my water pump was at the highest setting and pushed around all my sound and the water became milky white , my anemone now shrunk like this. Is it dying ?

params 

1.025 Sg

n03 10ppm

1B3CA32E-E7F5-4DE0-ADE6-44804D86D7F0.jpeg

D6F4501D-2794-4870-B420-45ECD6230475.jpeg

No it's fine. They close up when they are disturbed as a defense mechanism and the sand just irritated it. They also like to close up at night.

Keep everything stable and avoid pissing it off too much and it'll do great!

i agree with jservedio - luckily you dont look like you have many other corals  - when you start changing water flow and lighting ect  - Nems get pissed off and go walk abouts - then have a habbit of sitting on your favorite coral,  in turn pissing you off.  Am i right in thinking you have just added the Nem - if so leave the tank well alone and let the Nem find its home . Happy reefing !!!

Isaacthedev
15 hours ago, Sapman said:

i agree with jservedio - luckily you dont look like you have many other corals  - when you start changing water flow and lighting ect  - Nems get pissed off and go walk abouts - then have a habbit of sitting on your favorite coral,  in turn pissing you off.  Am i right in thinking you have just added the Nem - if so leave the tank well alone and let the Nem find its home . Happy reefing !!!

It’s been a few weeks I’ve had it. He opened up today then closed again...

Check all your parameters and make sure nothing is off. If nothing is off, and it doesn't go back to normal in a day or two, do a couple big water changes. Don't change your lighting schedule and don't try and feed it if it isn't open and happy. If it's not moving and not melting or bleaching, leave it be.