CMAR

CMAR's IM 10 - Yes Another One

CMAR

Hello NR!

It's been awhile since I had a tank. I kept Freshwater and Reef tanks in High School and College and now I'm 40 and got hit by the reef bug again! This time it was my son's fault! He got a freshwater tank and I just had to get one! You guys have been a great inspiration throughout the process.

Tank - Innovative Marine 10

Light - Prime HD

Modifications - Sicce 0.5 Return Pump

Tank was setup on 3/28 and I've been cycling it with Dr. Tim's Ammonia to do a fishless cycle. I'm now at the point where I can add 2ppm Ammonia and Nitrite is at 1 PPM the next day. Have a good amount of algae growing on the rock and sandbed. So I'm close but think I still have a week or two left in the cycle.

I look forward to adding to this thread!

20190531_110627.jpg

• Like 1

LazyFish

That's basicly the same set up I'm running I look forward to seeing it progress.

Cmaria

Ok so I was away for a bit on a family trip to Yellowstone. I highly recommend it, it was incredible.

I've finally added fish, Rainford's Goby ( captive bred and rating) and a few corals: Yuma, Acan, Zoa, and Blasto. Things are looking pretty good so far.

Also, I setup an ATO thank you NanoSapiens for the idea!

20190701_111453.jpg

20190701_105556.jpg

20190627_164352.jpg

20190627_164346.jpg

20190625_142142.jpg

CMAR

So, unfortunately my Rainford's Goby didn't make it. He was eating and actually got fat. One night he was swimming by the return flow and then I didn't see him the next day. That was the last I saw of him. I'm thinking of keeping the tank fish-less for a while. 

I recently purchased some new corals from the WWC Ebay Auction. I have to say everything was great, the way they packaged the corals and they are very clean.

I'm battling some algae, mostly on the rock work but some on the sand. I do blow off the rock and use a filter sock and filter pad once a week in addition to weekly 10% water changes. I just ordered some carbon and GFO to see if it helps in addition to a Phosphate test kit. Nitrates are showing 0 but I suspect there may be a phosphate issue. I only feed the corals every other day with Reef Roids so I'm scratching my head as to where the algae is coming from but will hopefully sort it out!

20190807_102521.jpg

20190807_102538.jpg

20190807_102543.jpg

20190807_102559.jpg

Stoops718
5 hours ago, CMAR said:

So, unfortunately my Rainford's Goby didn't make it. He was eating and actually got fat. One night he was swimming by the return flow and then I didn't see him the next day. That was the last I saw of him. I'm thinking of keeping the tank fish-less for a while. 

I recently purchased some new corals from the WWC Ebay Auction. I have to say everything was great, the way they packaged the corals and they are very clean.

I'm battling some algae, mostly on the rock work but some on the sand. I do blow off the rock and use a filter sock and filter pad once a week in addition to weekly 10% water changes. I just ordered some carbon and GFO to see if it helps in addition to a Phosphate test kit. Nitrates are showing 0 but I suspect there may be a phosphate issue. I only feed the corals every other day with Reef Roids so I'm scratching my head as to where the algae is coming from but will hopefully sort it out!

20190807_102521.jpg

20190807_102538.jpg

20190807_102543.jpg

20190807_102559.jpg

Do you get a lot of natural sunlight on the tank. It could be from that.

CMAR

Not too much sun light. I work from home quite a bit and open the blinds every now and then. I'm going to keep staying on top of the weekly water changes and hopefully the algae starts going away. In addition to the Phosphate testing.

Time will tell!