ReefCleaners.org

Hydnophora not opening.

3s1k

I got 2 hydnophora frags last month. Both seemed to be doing good but the left one more so then the other. Left one has a lot more polyp extension.

In last week the right one hasn't been ending its polyps and is more flat. The flesh looks to be receding slightly. Any thoughts? Maybe I need to place them higher up or in more flow?

20190525_213334.jpg

• Like 1
5 hours ago, 3s1k said:

I got 2 hydnophora frags last month. Both seemed to be doing good but the left one more so then the other. Left one has a lot more polyp extension.

In last week the right one hasn't been ending its polyps and is more flat. The flesh looks to be receding slightly. Any thoughts? Maybe I need to place them higher up or in more flow?

20190525_213334.jpg

Mine is in med-high flow and med to high light. Be careful where you place them because Hydnophora is extremely aggressive. 

Can you post some more information about your tank? How old is it? What are your most recent test results like? Anything else interesting about the tank?   A full tank picture would also help.