ReefCleaners.org

Tigahboy's 20g Project - Still No Catchy Title Yet

Tigahboy

2 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

😄. Every bona fide reef tank needs a clown.  

Says who?

Imagine if a Goldfish and a Pirana had a baby.

BAM!  Here you go:

Spoiler

image.png.b3fe84e35da28b31415815d8ef1819d9.png

:tongueout: ...except that's a real clownfish jib!  Ack! :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

So accurate... Saddlebacks start out looking the best but turn out the ugliest imo, oh and don't forget oscar levels of aggression / destructive-tempertantrums, chiclid-like territorial-behavior, and a taste for human flesh you can't find outside of zombie movies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
7 hours ago, lizzyann said:

Stoooop, you're making me want a clown!

5 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

😄. Every bona fide reef tank needs a clown.  

🤣 You two want my clown. She's an asshole. Never again am i getting a clownfish. They are the spawns of satan. I can't even clean the tank anymore. She's about 1\4 in away from drawing blood omgomgomg

2 hours ago, mcarroll said:

Says who?

Imagine if a Goldfish and a Pirana had a baby.

BAM!  Here you go:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.b3fe84e35da28b31415815d8ef1819d9.png

:tongueout: ...except that's a real clownfish jib!  Ack! :blink:

That is the perfect description :wink:

55 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

So accurate... Saddlebacks start out looking the best but turn out the ugliest imo, oh and don't forget oscar levels of aggression / destructive-tempertantrums, chiclid-like territorial-behavior, and a taste for human flesh you can't find outside of zombie movies.

I think my chiclids were more behaved than my clownfish. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

What are your plans for dosing? If you haven't started already. 

RC salt has been mixing at 6dKH and I picked up a forest fire digi and bizarro cyphastrea last week so I need to figure something out.

So far I'm leaning towards the BRS starter 2 pack dosing kit, Bulk Reef Supply 2-PART PHARMA CALCIUM & ALKALINITY STARTER PACKAGE

Figure I can do daily dosing until demand really picks up down the road. After that I can pick up two of those Kamoer X1 dosers and reuse the BRS jugs.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, haks said:

RC salt has been mixing at 6dKH and I picked up a forest fire digi and bizarro cyphastrea last week so I need to figure something out.

So far I'm leaning towards the BRS starter 2 pack dosing kit, Bulk Reef Supply 2-PART PHARMA CALCIUM & ALKALINITY STARTER PACKAGE

Figure I can do daily dosing until demand really picks up down the road. After that I can pick up two of those Kamoer X1 dosers and reuse the BRS jugs.

I'm still working on my dosing set-up. 

So far I have the following: (1) ATI Essentials Pro (2-part), and (2) 2 x Kameor X1 auto dosers.  Still need dosing containers and a dosing tube holder to get everything up and running.  Add that to my very long to-do list for this tank.  Already slacking.  -_-

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

So far I have the following: (1) ATI Essentials Pro (2-part), and (2) 2 x Kameor X1 auto dosers.  Still need dosing containers and a dosing tube holder to get everything up and running.  Add that to my very long to-do list for this tank.  Already slacking.  -_-

Slacking or not, it still looks really nice! 👌 Very nice work so far.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Marinecolor® Acryli Made Liquid Storage Bucket 3 Rooms 4.5 Liters

Aquarium Dosing 4 way tube holder tubing

Let me know how it turns out! 😁

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, 748S911 said:

Tank looks amazing!

Thanks, bro!

2 hours ago, bpipher said:

That looks fantastic!

Thank you!  

4 hours ago, Justind823 said:

I really dig that toadstool! Some seriously long polyps

Love the toadstool!  It adds a lot of cool movement to the tank.  Good size for this 20g as well.

3 minutes ago, haks said:

Thanks, man!  I'll take a look.

I'm surprised at this stage in your tank that you're even considering dosing. There's not enough in there that even if you did water changes every 3 weeks you shouldn't have to worry. 

9 hours ago, haks said:

If you're talking about Reef Crystals, something's wrong. RC is notorious for mixing on the higher side of alkalinity 11-12'ish dKH. I would first check the test kit you're using, make sure it's a.) Reliable b.) in date. If those both seem good, I would examine the salt further. Are you working in small batches for water changes? I would suggest taking your salt and mixing it up. If it's in a bucket, roll it around on the floor.

Until you can actually track a consumption of calcium and alkalinity in your tank, you should be able to keep up with somewhat regular water changes as well. 

• Like 3
56 minutes ago, YHSublime said:

I'm surprised at this stage in your tank that you're even considering dosing. There's not enough in there that even if you did water changes every 3 weeks you shouldn't have to worry. 

Yeah, I agree. Haven't felt any real urgency to get my dosing setup completed (especially with what I have in here so far).  Picked up the dosers bc I got two $25 off coupons from BRS at RAP that I had to use that weekend, so they were a great deal.  

2 hours ago, YHSublime said:

If you're talking about Reef Crystals, something's wrong. RC is notorious for mixing on the higher side of alkalinity 11-12'ish dKH. I would first check the test kit you're using, make sure it's a.) Reliable b.) in date. If those both seem good, I would examine the salt further. Are you working in small batches for water changes? I would suggest taking your salt and mixing it up. If it's in a bucket, roll it around on the floor.

Until you can actually track a consumption of calcium and alkalinity in your tank, you should be able to keep up with somewhat regular water changes as well. 

Yeah, good ol' Reef Crystals. I roll the bucket around every time I make a batch, usually about 14g. Using a brand new Salifert test kit, expires two years from now. I've tested before and after adding baking soda, test results match the target increase so I know test kit is good. I just chalk it up to a weird batch of RC 🤪

Goal for the month of September is to track weekly alkalinity and calcium consumption.

Anyway, Tigah, you end up switching salts?