Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tigahboy's 20g Project - Still No Catchy Title Yet

Tigahboy

2 hours ago, 748S911 said:

Tank is looking good. How much room in rear chambers? The evo has 3.25 inches x 4 inches in each chamber 

The space is limiting back there, interested to see if your tank has more space? 

Screenshot_20190601-151650.thumb.png.5289a0c412e86e43ac8e3b07446f7f16.png

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Very intresting, I guess all the AIO in this gallon range have similar measurements. 

Yeah. Space is pretty tight back there.  

• Like 1

Got my Aqamai KPS yesterday.  Will add it tonight. 

IMG_20190601_110826_190.thumb.jpg.512d2f700fb1c754261412ae246bddb9.jpg

Also, tank is all cleared up now.  Lookin' extra clean and sparkly.  😍  I wish they would always stay this way.

IMG_20190601_160913_925.thumb.jpg.23f47198edfd71925b2e43376224d116.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
6 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Installed the Aqamai KPS!  Got some real flow up in here now. 

IMG_20190601_165143_753.thumb.jpg.c357fcc30a8acd9e32cb2e056e8c88ac.jpg

:bowdown: Awesome!!!

One Aqamai or two?? 

You can stick your dryside magnet in a ziplock bag and mount your pump on the wall instead of glass thats what I did with my icecape1k. 

2 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

:bowdown: Awesome!!!

One Aqamai or two?? 

You can stick your dryside magnet in a ziplock bag and mount your pump on the wall instead of glass thats what I did with my icecape1k. 

Thanks!  Good idea.  I was gonna Google to see if I could put the dry side in the water to mount on filter wall, but ziplock works for me.  

Not sure yet.  Will try this one and see if I need 2 after I add coral.

You can even double bag it, there is a ton of stuff out there you can use air tight plastic container? 

Sounds good, you could always pull the kps from the pico 🤪

I set up a personal set to feed mode at 0% for 30min all day incase I need to turn it off quick.  Just start a fresh set to feed set at 0% for 30 min, and drag it all the way down.  

I still dont know where the on off button is so I did that lol..... 

12 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

You can even double bag it, there is a ton of stuff out there you can use air tight plastic container? 

Sounds good, you could always pull the kps from the pico 🤪

Maybe a dime bag?  Lol.

I feel so dumb.  Didn't think about just pulling the KPS off my pico.  Haha. 

9 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

I set up a personal set to feed mode at 0% for 30min all day incase I need to turn it off quick.  Just start a fresh set to feed set at 0% for 30 min, and drag it all the way down.  

I still dont know where the on off button is so I did that lol..... 

There's a tiny button next to the light indicator in the controller for feed mode...

I have it on the max SPS preset rn and I'm very impressed by the 🌊 action I'm seeing rn!

• Wow 1
11 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Maybe a dime bag?  Lol.

I feel so dumb.  Didn't think about just pulling the KPS off my pico.  Haha. 

There's a tiny button next to the light indicator in the controller for feed mode...

I have it on the max SPS preset rn and I'm very impressed by the 🌊 action I'm seeing rn!

Lmao!!

The pico keeps on giving!

Smh.. this whole time there was a button. 

• Like 1

Nice! Excited about getting mine up and running.

Definitely need a quick video of the KPS in action. Makes me feel better about getting away with just one.

What do you have the MightyJet set at? I know it has constant and pulse modes, along with flow control. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, haks said:

Nice! Excited about getting mine up and running.

Definitely need a quick video of the KPS in action. Makes me feel better about getting away with just one.

What do you have the MightyJet set at? I know it has constant and pulse modes, along with flow control. 

I have the MJ set on 1.7 (max is 1.9) on constant.  Don't ask me why, just seemed like good flow without maxing the pump out.  Lol.  Also don't know what 1.7 means.  Why not show the gph?

Here's a quick vid of the Aqamai on Wave mode (using the SPS preset).  Not much to look at without coral in there, but you can see the waterline moving.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Let's see...MJ8501 set at 1.7 iissss....304GPH! 😂 And according to the chart both 1.8 and 1.9 max it out at 326GPH but one uses less wattage, WTF?

Image courtesy of BulkReefSupply.

mightyjet-flow-chart.jpg

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 748S911 said:

Wow that's a lot of movement for a small pump. 

I've never even tried sps mode, going to now lol. 

Yeah the SPS preset is pretty nice.  It's called SPS Max 200l.

• Like 1

Just waiting for my cycle to finish now.  Added Dr. Tim's One and Only and ammonium chloride yesterday.  Should be relatively quick tho since my LR has been curing in a bin of SW for the past 3 months.

IMG_20190602_203458_842.thumb.jpg.f81e61d3684990cc8ec6fcaacc8b7286.jpg

• Like 5
1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

I like the look. Sounds like a quick cycle should happen. Good luck. Your son will be so excited when he is picking out his fish.

Thanks!  So looking forward to adding fish to this.  My son will be stoked.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Any initial ideas for stocking?

Just the clownfish for now.  I'm really into the black storms right now, but my son will ultimately choose.  Still TBD on rest, tho I always end up with a mixed reef.  Haha. 

• Like 3